1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

tupperware /plastic or silverware???

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by nikkimom83, Mar 1, 2015.

1. nikkimom83

nikkimom83 Silver IL'ite

Hi lovely ladies.. Recently we moved to our new home and still in the process of setting up .. I would like to renew my kitchen things .. Most of the grocery things are in plastic box and silverware .. I have not used tupperware boxes yet to keep groceries stuff .. I heared that it is quite expensive .. I want to look my small kitchen neat and evenly arranged .. So please suggest me friends to what i shud choose. Am higly confused .. i thought of using silver box but its on hold as we cant see the stuffs inside .. Tupperware is costly i think .. Pls giv me ideas in terms if neatness, durablitly , healthy .. advantage and disadvantages .. Thanks

2. VanithaSudhir

VanithaSudhir Platinum IL'ite

I love tupperwares.. They are sleek and durable. They are made of food grade plastics and safe to store food items. Worth the money..

3. nikkimom83

nikkimom83 Silver IL'ite

Thanks vanitha for ur reply .. If its really good then i can invest in that .. I want to look even and neat .. Even for storing rice also am looking good storage box . i mean for 5 kg and 10 kg ..

4. vrikshakadali

vrikshakadali Silver IL'ite

`Silverware` - you mean stainless steel perhaps. These look neat too though as you said can't see the contents.

5. nikkimom83

nikkimom83 Silver IL'ite

Yes dear .. so i didnt get those stainless steels. .. still waiting for good ideas.. I know many are keeping there kitchen lovely and neat .. Please ur tips and ideas ??? Am still lagging in that ..

6. VanithaSudhir

You get 5 to 10 kgs container also in Tupperware..They still remain compact.. I am personally not a fan of stainless steel. They leave finger prints and will look as if not cleaned. Also difficult to see the contents..

7. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

Tupperware is quiet costly to furnish entire kitchen.

if you are seriously interested in Tupperware, enroll as it's member. It will come handy as you will get a good discount.

8. nikkimom83

nikkimom83 Silver IL'ite

Thanks armummy for ur reply .. I dont want to enroll as a member but is ther any ways to get at best price??.. Is ther any online sites to buy tupperwares with discount or gifts?

9. VanithaSudhir

I don't think you get tupperwares online. You can only get it through one of their distributors. And when you become a member you get good discounts.. Also they inform when new products come.. Try getting a few necessary things if you feel it is pricey..

10. seeabitha

seeabitha Bronze IL'ite

Hi

I recently moved to my new home and in the same boat.
    I use tupperwares as air-tight containers to store nuts, biscuits (those which need to be crisp).

Somebody pointed out that stainless steel will look not cleaned even if you clean.
    Somehow because of its price (and against using any plastic although it is food grade)
    I got ss boxes in same size for groceries.

I would recommend you to clean the box using vinegar once in 2 months which will give shine to the box. also buy good ss it will be good for years

I also got ceramic storage canisters for tamarind, salt etc which I cannot store in ss.
    as I am not very good in handling glass.

If you are ok, check out canisters in life style and also online.

2 people like this.