1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My hubby is giving me tension..

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by shivani1, Feb 28, 2015.

1. shivani1

shivani1 Senior IL'ite

Ok. So my hubby works in sunnyvale,california has a annual salary of some 120,000 $. As we know 30% goes in the tax. I m still on h4 not working.

We were living in an apartment on rent about 1500. My hubby hate to rent the place. the apt was small.. with 1 bathroom.. Mil once visited and said it is so small etc etc..So after many researches he bought a house in SF costing 775,000$. And now the mortgage is 4000$...

I did not like the idea of buying new house. I told him,we could live here in old place. Once i get the job we could start hunting for new home. But he and his mother decided that its the right time to take place. Mil Thinks its a brave decision. I think its not.

now hubby is stressed. And is passing his financial problems to me, like we can't afford new things. If i married a working girl then the condition would be different. We can't afford anything now. Now the son is 1 yr old,but if you don't find the job soon we can't afford the schooling also..

There is no single day when he said he is feeling unlucky cuz he married a girl like me,who don't have job. I am feeling so depressed.. It was his decision to buy this house. And blaming me..

2. vidhyabaskar

vidhyabaskar Gold IL'ite

3. pocahontas

pocahontas Gold IL'ite

This is cheap!!

You should try turning the tables on him - say if only I had married some smart guy who earned big bucks and who was smart enough not to buy something that he could not afford.

17 people like this.
  4. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

School is free in USA......???? Even pick up and drop off are free depending on your location.

5. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Nice try. Your DH needs to grow up.
    He has to own up to his responsibility for buying a place which stretched the finances. Maybe his mommy can help with the mortgage, since she likes the new house.
    In the meantime, if you are eligible for a work permit under the new H4 rules, brush up on your skills. You can apply in May. Don't argue with your husband when he complains. He is reacting out of stress. Not that it excuses him, but he seems to have underestimated the effect of a higher mortgage payment and is taking it out on the easiest target he finds.Focus on your child and just nod your head when the speeches start.

1 person likes this.
  6. poovai

poovai Platinum IL'ite

Not in CA, most Indian kids goes to private school, right

7. thegirlygirl

thegirlygirl Platinum IL'ite

Pocahontas has given you the best advice. Do just this and then see how he reacts!

8. pantu

pantu Gold IL'ite

Relax dear. He is reacting out of stress. It is very easy to blame on others. He should have estimated on the mortgage rate before buying the house. If he wants his wife to help with the financial situation then he should stay in a country where there is no legal condition for a wife to earn.

1 person likes this.
  9. abla

abla Gold IL'ite

Do you mean as in school bus ?

10. butterflyice

butterflyice Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

shivani1, give it back to your husband as @pocohontas says!

Couple of questions.

1. Is the school district good? Then you do not have to stress about private school. Public schooling is really good in US. Your child is only 1 year old, you still have 4 years before he hits schooling!

2. Does your apt have 2 bedrooms? Are you and your husband comfortable subletting a bedroom to a working woman? Since this is SF, finding tenants should not be too difficult.

3. The working wife angle - can you point out to your husband that you will be saving more in taxes when you dont work as opposed to you earning a smaller income? Then he would probably crib about daycare? Will mumma look after the child when you are away working?

4. Another option purely from the financial point of view is to rent the house in SFO and you rent an apartment somewhere else so you can save the difference.

I do not know about your 401(k) contributions, insurance deductions ets, what do you feel about the take-home salary that your husband gets? Are you able to manage the household expense with the money post the mortgage payment? If yes, financially you guys are ok. Tell your husband in strong terms that you are doing okay and he has no business telling you mean things. Tell him he was able to buy the house only due to your good luck!

3 people like this.