1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is there anyone like me?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by pkr, Feb 26, 2015.

1. pkr

pkr Senior IL'ite

Hi, I am an average looking man who was fat once. I am married for 10 yrs. My wife lived as an ideal housewife for 6 years under my shadow irrespective of her education, achievements, and qualities. At the time of financial crises, she came our of life under my shadow and started a part time job to help me. Seeing my beautiful wife walking with me for office in jeans and heel often made me shy fat man walking with athletic and smarter looking lady. She avoided her heel sandal and used salwar kurta while going to office with me.

Within 3 years, she got full time job with 2 promotions. Now I am living in a house from her company with my breadwinner wife. I started giving her too much respect (donno y). She realized my inferiority complex from my effort to change my job and wearing high heel shoes to look more manly with her. Seeing me in complexity with her stronger look and better career, one day, she told that I am the best man she had ever met in life, and she wanted me as I am, and she can leave her job for me. Seeing her crying for my feeling I said sorry to her for my ego and promised to live as a househusband if needed. After I took promise that she will never limit her career for husband, I see more love and respect for me in her eyes seeing me having proud for her.

Seeing me trying to improve myself by loosing wt, she mentored me to control my health, and I lost 10 kilo around in 1.5 yrs around. Thu, we are of same age, as a thin guy shorter than her, I feel her look more mature, smarter, and bolder than mine. Her image emerge as a very strong person when I saw her as a boss of her many male colleagues. I started admiring her for her superiority which made an image of her being my boss.
    Because I come early to home, it is my daily routine to open door for her followed by her kissing on my forehead. I behave very childish and massage her shoulder and arms to bring smile on her face.
    Before leaving for office, always I hug and kisses her, and often I make funny crying face when she teases me by not letting me reach her for kiss. We are happy with this, and I guess our love has increased by 200% now with our relation more like best friends. But is it acceptable in today’s world when women are not behind in anythinh? If not then y?

Is there man like me in this world?

3 people like this.

2. Komik

Komik Silver IL'ite

Im not a man, but if you both feel happy and love each other, then isnt this great situation?
    I think most people would like to be like that.
    You are happy having loving wife.
    What about silly stereotypes- dont bother it .
    I suspect many males is like you, just dont want admit, or show it, in the name of "ego".

3. pkr

pkr Senior IL'ite

Hi Komik,
    Thanks for your reply. Yes, I am very happy. I feel very happy that she says that she is success in her life only because of me. Our marriage with her as housewife was a normal marriage with me living in ego, and couldn't enjoy time with her.
    But after changing our role, I feel proud of putting her at right place. As a breadwinner and male ego, I never accepted her putting her arm on my shoulder, and my effort to put my arm on her shoulder made me feel like hanging on her. Thanks to change in role, that we are physically express our affection for each other. Now we enjoy the comment that we are look like best friend.

2 people like this.
  4. sushmavja

sushmavja Platinum IL'ite

no there is no one like you who comes here to post the same thing again and again

7 people like this.
  5. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Dear Op....you both seem to have a perfect marriage.....and the best part is that you both value each other and the contribution each of you make towards this perfect marriage.

Op ....if you both are truly happy...then stop judging yourself.You seem to keep posting the same issue again and again.....why?

1 person likes this.
  6. Radhai

Radhai Platinum IL'ite

Millions of wives were/are doing that. Why should it be a big deal if a man does it? Gender equality you see. :)

5 people like this.
  7. Radhai

Radhai Platinum IL'ite

Look what you have done to the world @rihana !! jasmines, deodorants.. playful ... :biggrin2:

1 person likes this.
  8. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

oh this is a re telecast is it!!!!

1 person likes this.
  9. crazyqueen

crazyqueen Silver IL'ite

Ur suituation is reminding me of an air tell advertisement..

10. heron

heron Platinum IL'ite

So there isnt any problem in this post to be solved.... at last.

3 people like this.