Infertility is unique

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by myperspective01, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Meghaa

Meghaa Silver IL'ite

You girls have pretty much covered everything I feel , I want to say. Just wanted to tell you I feel exactly all of the above...
    The isolation , the desperation , the social pressure , insensitive/hurtful family/friends. The only people I feel comfortable with right now is another couple who we know are going thru the same and we can talk about it. Trying hard to not let it take over you completely. Counting your blessings.

One other thing - everytime someone announces pregnancy/baby... it causes a twinge in my heart. I swear I am being hounded by pregnant women/ small babies. Everytime I step out I cannot go back home w/o seeing atleast 2-3 of them. Going to the Gynec , I would be prepared. But I cant even go to a dentist w/o having a pregnant woman waiting there...

2 people like this.
  2. rmuramka

rmuramka Gold IL'ite

U bet!!:iagree

It's as if a seasonal thing...and all of them have gotten pregnant right NOW!!

2 people like this.
  3. RamyaHari2009

RamyaHari2009 Silver IL'ite

Infertility........- i feel this word has been created only for me and tagged for me

Especially for working women, i can't express in words how much pain me & my DH going through- both physically & mentally

In my office everyday i see atleast 2-3 pregnant ladies..... and some in their innings

Whenever i go for lunch/coffee-tea breaks- ppl talk only about their kids- i'm simply sit & have to listen- i hate going for breaks but then i have no choice......

Especially in my team i have a colleague who's in her 2nd innings now and everyday she keeps talking about how her 1st pregnancy went and now she in 2nd- she keeps talking purposely about these things to me- feel like shouting on her but cant do anything

i feel like i'm cursed - where ever i go i cant seem to change my mind

At some point i tell myself i should not think about but that lasts only for few seconds
    Even if i go to shopping/cinema whenever i see someone with their baby i feel like crying i wonder when such thing will happen to me

I keep telling my DH that lets go to some place where nobody knows us- feel like i should get locked inside my home & dont even want to step out of my house and go anywhere.......

4. myperspective01

myperspective01 Senior IL'ite

Dear @RamyaHari2009,
    I have faced the same situation in my workplace too. One colleague got married in June and gave the news in September, saying "My MIL wanted to play with a child". whaatsmiley

Great! I wonder if wishes can be translated to actions that easily!

5. teejay

teejay Gold IL'ite

@rmuramka Man!!! cosmic connection?!!! ideasmiley Lets kick infertility's ass ;)

6. teejay

teejay Gold IL'ite

@myperspective01 I know! but we are helpless. It's the situation!

7. teejay

teejay Gold IL'ite

@RamyaHari2009 Honey, we are all in the same boat. Lets give support and a shoulder to cry on to one another and survive this nightmare. And survive ,we will. god bless

8. sugugiri2010

sugugiri2010 Gold IL'ite

Hi

Thanks for the thread... At least i could open my mind here.

I miscarried twice, a big pain... and my inlaws saw me in such a way that i have killed them... Till yesterday they were treating me as a Queen and now today when am miscarried they never even came to console me up....I was severely bleeding at night 11, and my MIL dint even come with me to the hospital.... Its been almost two years still couldnt heal from that....

unfortunately never conceived after that... imagine a place where even family members dont support us... I was working as an HR lead executive.... Infertility has put me to a situation, where i had to quit my job due to frequent hospital visit, i had quit almost everything i loved eating, i had lost my sleep, i sit up in corners often crying, i do everything to reduce my weight(even though am not over weighed), lots of stress, unable to face my husband also... feeling guilty all the time, moreover i couldnt support my hus financially on medical expenses...

Families say go to this temple ,pray this way... done everything, visited all temples , did all pariharams, dont know what we have missed..

Staying in apartments... seeing pregnant ladies , beautiful moms , it hurts... everyone say "time will come" but when????..........

good eggs, good sperm , good doctor... but couldnt concieve... why?

Hate this life... sitting at home thinking about it 24/7.... god doesnt see my tears.....

1 person likes this.
  9. Esh

Esh Senior IL'ite

I feel you sisters.

It has changed me so much. I am no longer the same person I was before my first ivf. I keep reminding myself of the things that I have to be thankful for. Thankful for the people in my life., they have been nothing but supportive throughout this journey. I feel guilty everytime i dissapoint them. I know it's not my fault but I cannot help but think I have done something wrong whenever a cycle fails.

4 failed cycles and I still have hope. I will be a mother of a child one day be it through naturally conceiving, by ivf, by surrogacy or adoption.

I will. You will too. hugsmiley

5 people like this.
  10. sumanrathi

sumanrathi IL Hall of Fame

don't think you are the one in India every year infertility rate is increasing by 30 % all this is based on intake & climatic changes, we have forgot lot of food stuffs which will naturally stimulate the hormones. Also because of advanced technology we are easily identifying the small deviation which will have very minimal impact to get conceive the commercial minded guys they utilized this and create as a very big issue and the total system get disturbed.

I saw some post one ILT Sis posted they are planning to have child so they went to Dr. for consult the Dr. identified there are few cyst in ovary she has to under go some treatment after that only they can proceed for family way. From this advice the couple will loose the confident and always thinks about his the Central nervous system get disturbed and this will affect the hormone stimulation. Same case will happen for male too.

my humble request to all try your level best to avoid always thinking about this ...
    have natural food with seed.
    have lot of dry nuts and seeds like sunflower seed pumpkin seeds.
    Avoid use of teflon coated vessels try to use Sand clay pot and vessels.

I am sure if you guys adopt the two major in your life almost 90 % will be in family way.
    1. Physiological factor ( always brain storming )
    2. Physical ( change of your food style and proper sleep ) this include no drinking and smoking.

If any one wish I can post you the food recipe also.

1 person likes this.