1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Home maker vs Working woman- Who is Great? and Who do you like to be?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Keet, Feb 1, 2015.

Who is great? Home maker or Working Woman

1. Homemaker

9 vote(s)
    8.4%
  2. Working Woman

30 vote(s)
    28.0%
  3. Both are equal

68 vote(s)
    63.6%
  1. Khushi78

Khushi78 Silver IL'ite

A Working woman is also a home maker because she not only works outside but also puts in her bit for working at home and makes it a home.

A home maker is also a working woman because she works "on" and "in" her home.
    Only difference is the remuneration.
    Home makers usually save and create a remuneration while woman who work outside earn - payout for their outsourced tasks(maids/nannies/take away) = remunerations +added stress+guilt.

The more apt debate would be a career woman(who has acquired professional skills and is using it) and non career woman who may or may not be professionally qualified and/or using it or not using it to her advantage.

There are working woman(highly career oriented) who don't make a home at all.
    But a Home maker will always make a home and will be working in it.

2 people like this.
  2. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

see you are a nice friend to have. I really like you!

thanks poovai. It's important to remember that!

bubble buster. I'm going to call you IL-Nazi from now on. That's your nick name. Since you see me post on and off both you and me know the reason IRL is not the thread for both my Debbie downer syndrome and DH's reaction. I so hate this self doubt when it comes to the little guy - why is the school doing this/therapist not doing that, wrong baby sitter(can't speak English) long long list. The thread was a good distraction so to speak, both of us got some nice laughs last night. Btw, I'm sure the ticket was pre booked, I just didn't know about it. Must have got the afternoon off.

4 people like this.
  3. Radhai

Radhai Platinum IL'ite

Laks, I have immense respect for the type of parent you are.
    If I have to say who is great a working mom or a stay at home mom, I will say:
    Ask the children of these moms when the children are moms themselves.
    That is the real scale. Only a child can say if their mom is great or not.

3 people like this.
  4. indubalram

indubalram IL Hall of Fame

Well said!! :wave:

1 person likes this.
  5. poovai

poovai Platinum IL'ite

hey, are you saying in a polished way, Ragini is our 'nattamai' and shows up with her 'sombu' on her nightly rounds? (translation: village panchayat).

I want that 'vettai vella' award from this thread.

1 person likes this.
  6. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Platinum IL'ite

@laks09 What else we need from this life. Supporting, caring loving husband, parents and kids and being just plain happy and content.

We work at home or outside. Stay at home mom or working mom.. Nothing matters:):):)

I went through 2 emotions while reading your post.

1) I felt very happy. Its nice to see people around you happy and I found you happy.
    2)I felt upset. How come someone like you get influenced when someone say something online? I somehow found you above that.

2 people like this.
  7. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Jammy - Lets just say it's a combination of crap that brings out the dark in me ;) I'm happy now.

2 people like this.
  8. dhriti17

dhriti17 Senior IL'ite

It is never easy to say which eye is better always. But to me the right eye is slightly better than the left.{Family women or home maker}. After economy has forced women to work most of the kids have lost Mother's love and they sit behind baby sitters. School fees ,loans , house rents, and so on have added fuel to this . Though women working are seen as an improvement of women's social status . The women loses her charm if she doesn't cook food at home , get them packed for kids and wait in the evening for kids to come , takes care of other family members. Afterall work pressure is just for 8-10 hours but Homemaker has 24/7 pressure. Women who work does not always do all household work and loses control over family work.

Working women gets rewards for what she does, but without any expectations homemaker has to work hours and all days . No holidays , no leave and also the only benefit for her family and only reward she gets is family's happiness.

Some working women try to bridge the gap between family and office . But most of the time its a failure . As I said a home maker if she starts to works she will be satisfied that she has done everything for herself and her family. . But Working women will always have a slight dissatisfaction that the have not taken care of her family and the missed days along with their babies especially. If family is most important thing that a women cherishes and values than obviously home maker deservers a slightly better position.

1 person likes this.
  9. steve

steve Platinum IL'ite

I think working outside the home is important for overall health and happiness. I advise my daughters/nieces to have careers. My wife for many years after marriage did not work and eventually she started and though I'd have been happier if she stayed home, I can see that she is much happier working. I suggest this to all. It can be very helpful even if it's not about making tons of money.

10. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

so true.hands down...best answer.you nailed it!