1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Gift for mother in law.

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by sslkgpaa, Feb 4, 2015.

1. oysterzzz

oysterzzz Gold IL'ite

I don't think she would like anything you buy for her as you happen to be her DIL. Better you ask your hubby to buy her something or like others suggested send her some money. If I were you, I would have dropped the idea of whole gifting drama. Would tell DH to buy something, if he's busy then forget it. Not my fault.

2. swt.charu

swt.charu Platinum IL'ite

once my MIL refused to accept the saree I bought...

after that day.. its always my husband who buys her stuff.. he goes to the shop himself and selects the saree for her...

3. thinkpad

thinkpad Bronze IL'ite

Flowers is one option... She cant give that too Maid.

Second is : Send her Gift coupons from Shoppers stop or Tanishq jewellers etc..

4. Reesha

Reesha Silver IL'ite

5. CrayoNess

CrayoNess Platinum IL'ite

Do you have children? Sometimes i put pictures of grandkids (either in a book format, framed or as a poster etc) to the grandmothers and it was highly appreciated.

2 people like this.
  6. Sahana1

Sahana1 New IL'ite

You ask your husband what she likes

7. nb25

nb25 Gold IL'ite

Since she is not gracious enough to accept your gifts, just get her a token gift - a cake and some flowers.

Personally, I feel giving cash or gold is a bad idea. That will lead to further expectations of receiving cash and gold on other occasions.

Don't worry about whether she likes it or not. Just send a cake and flowers as a gesture from your side. Let her crib, if she will. She does not even deserve a gift.

5 people like this.
  8. Sahana1

Sahana1 New IL'ite

You can give her cash or gift coupons so that she can't give it to the servant
    Or you can parcel her the universe or the Milky Way Galaxy
    Aleast she would be satisfied with that

1 person likes this.
  9. aniShekar

aniShekar Platinum IL'ite

DON'T send any jewelry! If you'd like to gift gold, stick to coins - and make sure the packaging is intact. I gifted a pair of earrings to my MIL once, and she's been talking about how weak the design is, a decade after the event (it isn't - it was from a reputed jeweler, but she says her local achari (goldsmith) makes better jewelry) My co-sis gave some coins (in a box, complete with the value etc., inscribed on it). And MIL said the quality was not good...the gold 'faded off', it seems :)
    Your best bet is to send cash, as others have suggested. Saves a lot of hassle...of course, comments on the actual amount will always pop up - you'll have to develop a thick skin to ignore her comments and her demands!

1 person likes this.
  10. minjagan

minjagan Gold IL'ite

Hi,

I was wondering how ur MIL was so mean to give the silk saree to the maid that too in front of you...Thats shows her attitude towards you...
    As ppl suggested, if i were u i would have forgotten that lady in my lifetime....
    Ask ur hubby to send some gifts and dont even get worried to look what it is....

1 person likes this.