1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Final try - 20 days of change (cycle 1)

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Esh, Jan 31, 2015.

1. pinki13

pinki13 Gold IL'ite

Hi All,

my updates
    morning thyroid medicine
    after one hour tea with suger free
    Bkfst-tea with 2 brown bread slice
    tea again at 11
    lunch- 2 vegetable sushi
    evening i felt hungry so ate 2 chapati with tomato chutney
    now dont want to eat anything for dinner. if yes then may be again 2 chapati

Had 2 bottle of water whole day. one glass of water had apple cider vinegar. :) As read somewhere that it help to loose weight.

Exercise
    some stretching and 6 mile walk.

1 person likes this.
  2. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

Esh,

I don't know whether I will be discouraging or encouraging you with my post. U know I am also overweight, see my signature. But according to me , I just cant starve and stretch my self to walk and run in the name of losing weight. In the name of losing weight I don't want to lose life.:notthatway: Since two years from delivery I am finding it difficult to move back to the previous stage.
    I have realized of light , rather than looking slim and pretty in clothes it is important to stay fit and active. I have started to change my life style to a more healthier one rather than starving.
    After delivery I have observed that I cant skip meals and my body starts shivering if I don't eat adequate. Also many advised me to skip dinner, I am like, I cant skip dinner and wake up at 5.00 to prepare lunch and breakfast for my family. Instead I can change my dinner timing to be before 8. I can make sure I don't eat anything after 8.ideasmiley

These are my few suggestions. I feel don't to worry about weight gain and spoil happiness. I used to go for family dinners and drink only soup, but now no more like that..... I do enjoy my life , leave the rest to genetics kneesmiley

1 person likes this.
  3. Esh

Esh Senior IL'ite

20 days of change (cycle 1)

Thank you vani. What is said is encouraging and not at all discouraging. My number one reason for doing this is to be fit and healthy. Then comes other concerns. I don't believe in starving either but I don't eat breakfast sometimes because of laziness/convinience(I wake up late) etc. Which is obviously unhealthy.

my priority for the 20 days is to eat healthy and stay active. :)

1 person likes this.
  4. Esh

Esh Senior IL'ite

Day 2

Good Hello Everyone!

Had a great day today!

Today being sunday, cooked a lot, stayed reasonably active throughout the day and ate sensibly! That's an achievement after months of lazing in bed and stuffing my face.

Food:
    Breakfast - 3 small Idly's with peanut chutney
    Lunch- less than 1 cup of rice with coconut thogayal, beetroot poriyal, plantin poriyal, broccoli and Rasam
    mid afternoon snack - one red jambu (red apple)
    dinner - little bit of beetroot poriyal and broccoli with one small glass of warm milk.

Looking at my lunch menu you can tell that I had a busy day in the kitchen. :D one easy way to stay active for me is to spend time in the kitchen. I bet cooking and cleaning will use up some calories.

workout:
    15 mins of beginners yoga
    Walking - 5kms

I planned on doing 40 mins of yoga but it was too boring and slow so I stopped it. :/ will try something shorter tml. Walking was not a breeze definitely, hopefully by next week I will ease into it so I can start running.

I used to love running so much when I was in high school. The girls in the class will fall behind and I will ditch them to run with the boys. Haha My PE teacher, an Indian man told me I had good stamina. I wonder what happened to that. :( now I can't even walk 5kms in 1 hour.

Water:
    2.5ltrs

level of activity: Medium

Its already couple of hours since I drank milk, ready for bed now. Body aches but i like it. :)

5. Esh

Esh Senior IL'ite

yeah, I read that it is good for detoxing. I might buy it if I see one in the supermarket shelf. Thanks Pinki!

6. Esh

Esh Senior IL'ite

Day 3

Good Hello Everyone!

Monday blues!!!

I have printed out the calendar for the month of February and stuck it to the fridge. It feels good to cross each day as I progress. :)

i woke up at 10am. :( so everything today was delayed. I blame it on not sleeping early. It's already 11.30pm and i am still awake. Tsk tsk. I am going to bed right after I write this post.

Food:
    Breakfast - 2 dosas with coconut chutney
    Lunch - 2 readymade pratas with coconut chutney
    Evening snack - 2 Red Jambus (red apple)
    dinner - 2 chapathi's with korma and Tobi manchurian

Did not make great choices on food intake today. :( will make it up tomorrow. More fruits and less nonsense. Extremely guilty about dinner as it made me too full and ate it pretty
    late.

Workout:
    walking - 5kms

By the time I completed 3kms there was a throbbing pain on my toes. Had to stop several times and tried walking without shoes. Had to put it back on because it slowed me down. After the 5kms i realised I had blisters on the toes. Boooooo. My shoes must have been too tight it's too late to do anything now. Hopefully it disappears by tml if not I will not be able to walk. If it doesn't go away I will try alternate workouts to keep active

Water: 2.5 Ltrs

Level of activity - Low

I was seated the whole day and didn't move around much. Had to work on assignments and travel itinerary for a family trip to Malaysia.

To a better tomorrow. :thumbsup

7. Esh

Esh Senior IL'ite

Day 4

Good Hello Everyone!

Woke up early to cook for DH! Yay!

Food:
    Breakfast - Two dosas with podi
    Lunch - Tamarind rice with Vadaham (didn't measure the amount)
    Dinner - one dosa with coconut chutney
    Supper - half a pear and half green apple (yuck, it was so sour)

Workouts:
    Leslie Sansone 3mile walk
    Star jumps - 10
    Crunches - 10
    Side crunches - 10x2
    Scissor kicks - 20
    Leg raisers - 10
    Single leg raisers - 10x2
    Squats - 30

Not satisfied with the 3 mile walk as it doesn't make me sweat as much as the treadmill walk. The blisters are still there but it looks like it's healing. I should be able to walk wearing shoes tml.

Water: 2 ltrs

Level of activity - Med

I lazed around in the morning, didn't have any motivation to get any work done then fell asleep as I was watching a movie. Woke up in the afternoon feeling upset. After i had my lunch continuously kept myself active for the time lost in the morning.

I am am planning on weighing either tml or on day 6. Hopefully the scale doesn't disappoint me.

Hey @pinki13, don't give up! Start over if you missed a day!

8. Flutter

Flutter Silver IL'ite

Hi Esh.. I too want to join you. Let this be my day 1.

DAY 1 : Feb 3 2015

Bf - 1 bowl mixed fruits
    Mid Morning - 1 tall glass Neeragaram
    Lunch - 2 dosas With onion chutney
    Dinner - Home made egg veg [COLOR=#009900 !important]noodles[/COLOR]

Cleaned the house today. Did not do any workout.

1 person likes this.
  9. Flutter

Flutter Silver IL'ite

And my weight is 90 kilos as of today. :( which is too much as my height is 5 feet only.

10. Esh

Esh Senior IL'ite

Welcome @flutter

Lets do this!