A few questions

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by CrayoNess, Jan 28, 2015.

1. coolwinds

coolwinds Platinum IL'ite

i figure you are getting enough patient and polite responses already, why not add some balance.:tongue

2. coolwinds

thus far it seems to be a unilateral effort.

1 person likes this.
  3. coolwinds

quite! :2thumbsup:

4. Aria

Aria New IL'ite

Dinnae mean to disappoint you!
    Saving mine for the showdown , cutlasses clash, Achyuta Keshava makes an appearance.
    Get smoke and vapour effects ready, anytime now, anytime!

1 person likes this.
  5. LotusAura

LotusAura Gold IL'ite

Giving a cultural hue all problems is rude too.

1 person likes this.
  6. CrayoNess

CrayoNess Platinum IL'ite

I have not given a cultural hue to all problems. I am looking for the reasons for these problems I am facing. The cultural hue could be one aspect but of course there can be many more reasons. I got good ideas what could be behind the behavior.

The reason for asking about the cultural issues in this forum is that here are the experts on indian worklife.

7. Aria

Aria New IL'ite

You've quite something there as well! Hello, were we introduced before? 3-4 years in IL and like Ragini & Soka's badinage we must always form a covenant occasionally peeping beyond the fences in the neighbourhood to see who is tannoying on the stump. I've read few of your posts and you make more sense than you actually think. You mentioned somewhere new wave of discussions on general topics; Soka will pin his essays, Gauri will detect illogical fallacies and I as usual will play the zither and guard restricted entry in the thread (minimum 3 paragraphs in any comment).

You're coherent and articulate in your thoughts, the reason I'm affirming rather than private message is to credit some of the recent potshots you've taken few gracefully, few gratingly but all in jesting reprisal. Yes ,we are recruiting in S.H.I.E.L.D (Strategic Homeland Informative, Entertaining & Learning Division) next door, you may want to say a 'hullu' now and then (done! my sales pitch for Jan, Gauri wire the commission now)

2 people like this.
  8. gaze

gaze Bronze IL'ite

A professional PM would not seek advices on team's characteristic on a 'ladies' forum.

Being a manager, dont you feel you should GD this on PM's forum. Guess, more than the team, its high team for you to brush up your Project Management skills and leverage some leadership qualities.

9. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

I know what you are trying to say, but actually posting this on IL is not so bad, as long as it's one among multiple options. This is a fairly active community with some very accomplished Indian women working in IT all over the world. So why not?

By the way, I can see that you are new, so let me warn you - be careful with those apostrophes. Some of the punctuation mutaween around here are pretty brutal - wouldn't want you to get hurt. :shhh:

10. CrayoNess

CrayoNess Platinum IL'ite

I am not a PM, I did not seek advices on teams characteristics and the fact that this is a ladies forum (mainly) do not exclude the fact that there are many professional people writing here. This is of course the only (or mainly) source for advice/insight/information on this topic. From here I mainly wanted viewpoints regarding the cultural aspect (if any) on my challenges I am facing.