1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Science on Madisar saree

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by Vimmala, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Vimmala

Vimmala Senior IL'ite

Why we ladies, married from Brahmin wear Madisar during Cermonies?
    Any one of you asked?
    Even the oldest one may not know.

The pressing knot on both of hip nerves and behind back bone will press the nerves so that we will not get other feelings such as going to bath room in mid session. Further it will hold your hunger and thirsty and you will not get thirsty or hungry if you wear this madisar properly.

2. Sumathy

Sumathy Senior IL'ite

Hi Vimmala,

That is an interesting information. But recalling the way we all struggle to tie it and keep it in position with cycling shorts inside, etc, this purpose will be very well defeated now, I guess. With all that stress, you only tend to get more thirsty and more like visiting loo, isn't it?

Cheers,

Sumathy

3. Vimmala

Vimmala Senior IL'ite

I like this site as I can share what I learn.
    I can be a guide to you if you wish.

4. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

That's an interesting information

5. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Oh yeah? Can you please tell me, who that researcher, scientist is ???

6. happywoman

happywoman Silver IL'ite

Hi friends,

You bet this madisar saree gave me jerks during my wedding as my in-laws wanted a traditional iyer wedding though im not.It was the first time i was wearing such a looooooong piece of cloth and it was too heavy to carry. As i didnt know to tie it, I was made to stand in front of my MIL who jollily went ahead and tied for me.
    OOhhhh!! that was a real pain for me. I wore only once after that for our house gruhapravesham and decided never after that.

7. LakNar

LakNar Senior IL'ite

Dear Nandshyam

Really there is science behind this..

I learnt from my own experience that I dont feel like urinating when I wear this madisaar say during nombu, srardham, sumangali prarthanai, family homam functions say If I wear by 4 am in the morning I used to remove only by 12 pm and nearly for 8 hours I dont get that urge.. Certain things can only be felt by experience and there is no need to prove it..

As Vimmala said, it is believed that madisaar especially the Kacham (if you know to drape) at the back acts as a cusion to the lumbar area and its exactly like that of the hip belt which orthos suggest for people with back ache..

Also I was told, Madisaar cushions our uterus and acts as a shock absorber and thats why our ancestors hardly had any miscarriage or infertility problems (that is quite evident from our granny contemporaries easily begetting 7 or 8 children whom we now enjoy as perippa, chittappa, athai and so on). An addition to friend Vimmala's information.

Lakshmi

8. angelwhite

angelwhite New IL'ite

Thanx Vimmala
    Its a nice piece of information...I'm totally facinated with madisari....my gran ma used to wear that and I'm young (25) but i like to wear madisarai....I think it keeps us intouch with our roots...and I'm proud of it! I enjoyed wearing it during my wedding and when we were in india during karthikai my MIL asked me if I would like to wear it I more than happily obliged...she was so happy! she told me I need to put on weight so it stays :oops:. I didn't have any problem. In fact I enjoy it! :)

9. vivbass

vivbass Gold IL'ite

hello Vimala,
    thanx for the info...also one more thing is they won't wear panties,so directly air won't go inside,if it goes our tummy shows up,also it protects the uterus.....

Last edited: Jun 27, 2008
  10. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

This is a good piece of info.I like to drape the madisar saree.Yes, i have heard from my grandma that there is science behind it as well.We wear the kacham in between the legs which protects the uterus and reproductory organs from gravitational force.

Thanks vimmala for this info and Lakshmi for the additional info as well.