1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Planning for PR Visa to Canada.

Discussion in 'Indians in Toronto & vicinity' started by SSSMagic, Jan 6, 2015.

1. SSSMagic

SSSMagic Bronze IL'ite

Hi Friends,
    My DH is searching a job in Canada.. He is a Network Engineer.. 17.5L/annum..
    1. How is job opportunity there??
    some of my friends are telling that we can not get job 1st there., if we got one means too that will not like what we worked here eg: de-promotion kind of... Is it true?
    2. We are going to apply for PR visa.. for that we need 67 points.. As my DH is only BE, so we both are supposed to write IELTS exam.. To score more.. Is that exam is tough? Am not that much good in English:-:)-(
    3. How about climate there? My friends are telling we can not be in that climate that to with 2 years kid.. Is it so?
    4. How much dollar we need for our monthly expense? Like grocery,rent,vegetables, ect.,
    5. How about education there?
    We are Tamilian.. And now in Bangalore...
    Please help me out friends...

2. srilatharajesh

srilatharajesh Silver IL'ite

Hi Magic

First be clear on why do you want to come here? To earn very well ? Do you have a job here to be assured of the income. What your freinds have told about Canada is very true. Climate is harsh, Taxes are too high, Getting job is a night mare. 2 people earning very well in India is far better then a life here. Its really a big struggle and if you are ready for it go ahead. I am here for past 1.5 years and planning to return to India this April. Go browse all forums and collect as much information as possible before you make a decision from my point of view your husband's salary is gud in India so stay there. Here you have to start from scratch. After a long struggle you get a job then thats not the end the Salary will be from min pay and every year increment will also not be as in India It will be just $100-200 per year which is of no use.