1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

saree designing

Discussion in 'Embroidery' started by Eashasuvana, Dec 26, 2014.

1. Padhmu

Padhmu IL Hall of Fame

All are different and beautiful.

1 person likes this.
  2. Eashasuvana

Eashasuvana Silver IL'ite

Hi Sravani and Padhmu....thanks a lot...

3. Eashasuvana

Here I have enclosed few of my latest creations...

Attached Files:

4. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

hi, all ur works shows ur passion for designing. keep it up.

andal

1 person likes this.
  5. anurar20

anurar20 IL Hall of Fame

Hi Dear

Please let me know how to design these type of sarees

Attached Files:

6. sritas

sritas Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Very beautiful work...lovely combinations.

1 person likes this.
  7. Eashasuvana

Hi Anu,

The first model is very easy. You have to get two fabric materials, one is artificial silk fabric that has a border of this type. That would be around 2.5 meters.

The second fabric should be similar to the picture (checked printed fabric). This is for front portion and pallu part, that would require 3 meters. (don't forget get an additional gold zari-type material for blouse additionally).

Just attach the two fabrics side by side (like you stitch a lungi). The stitch should be covered from both the sides as we do for joining lungis. Thats it, the saree is ready. With zari blouse this would make an exact replica of this saree.

As for the second picture goes, you have a lot of stitching to do. First you have to get two types of fabrics 3+4 = 9 meters, two packs of border, plus blouse material similar to that in the picture.

The lower portion needs a length of around 3 meters. For the front portion and pallu, Italian crepe or velvet material would be fine (the length bought should be 4 meters) . Three meters for saree and the extra one meter of this fabric is for the border you see in the lower portion of the saree and also for the piping after the broad pallu.

Buy the border separately. You may not get the exact design but definitely would get similar design borders. Moreover the lower part has a very broad border. Finding them might not be that easy. You could get a 4-inch border and attach twice to make it a broad border as in the picture. It would work too (you should be careful enough in choosing the design and check if attached twice looks good or not). I would advise you to buy a 4-inch border - two packs (usually borders are available in 8-9 meters pack, so two sets would be enough for the whole saree). You could use one full pack for lower portion (doubly attached) and another pack for pallu part (that would need around 5.5 meters). The remaining could be used for designing blouse.

As for the blouse goes, if you know embroidery, you could make a fabulous design similar to the border you buy and similar to the picture. Else you could simply attach the remaining border wherever necessary and make a beautiful design.

Both the sarees are easy to make, the first one is very easy. Try that one first. Once you get the idea, try the second one as that demands quite a bit of stitchings.

Important Note: While buying, always check the width of the material. It should be around 42 inches or 1.5 meters, otherwise, the saree would be shorter in height. (check for you height, the width should be enough to touch you feet).

Hope this is helpful. If you have any doubt, I would be happy to help.

Best of luck.

8. shruthipraveen

shruthipraveen Platinum IL'ite

Hey! Did you make the sarees yourself? Very neat work! I loved all of them! Fantastic job! I've also made asaree for self once, you are right- all the materials come to only 1/3 rd or less the price of a shop saree.
    Keep sharing!

1 person likes this.
  9. shameel

shameel Silver IL'ite

Very innovative work