1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Lunch Ideas - Creating Balanced Vegetarian Meals

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Shanvy, Dec 13, 2013.

1. mahesaran

mahesaran IL Hall of Fame

Today breakfast is (really it is a direct bf, I didn't eat anything till from 5:30 to 8:45)

Thenai bisebelabath, beans curry, cucumber raita, my pappad, kidarangai pickle from mom, Prasadam

image.jpg

My lunch

1 toast with capsicum-tomato-tofu gravy, beetroot soup topped with little instant for the crunchiness , boiled sweet potato, cucumber-carrot sticks with salt and pepper
    image.jpg

9 people like this.
  2. deepthiraj

deepthiraj Platinum IL'ite

Yeah sure sure SR....Come to my home....:welcome while coming buy foreign chocolates n come...:wink:

3 people like this.
  3. sumanrathi

sumanrathi IL Hall of Fame

Sure I will always also my kids need some different taste :):)

1 person likes this.
  4. sumanrathi

sumanrathi IL Hall of Fame

5. latharam09

latharam09 Platinum IL'ite

Shanvy. Not watching anything nowadays. But as this is margazhi, after 5 30pm, jaya tv or vendhar tv till 7. Closing time of parlour. Tried sathu mavup urundai. Awesome it was.

1 person likes this.
  6. latharam09

latharam09 Platinum IL'ite

Loving all your cakes shanvy. I am craze of plum, muffin cakes.

1 person likes this.
  7. mahesaran

Oh mine is the first post for today...

i tried a new new breakfast today corn flakes chat

wheat flakes, corn flakes both are unsweetened, oats bites- little sweet, chat chutneys both, lime juice, chat masala, jeera pwd, Apple, pomegranate kernels.. Just I loved it. If we use milk , it will become soggy after some time... But in this till the last spoon I enjoyed the chrunchiness
    image.jpg

8 people like this.
  8. mahesaran

My lunch
    2 pulkas , cucumber, moong dhal-moong dhal sprouts-laukii ka dhal, tofu-panner-mutter gravy, curd rice as Prasadam

image.jpg

5 people like this.
  9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@karanu we moms become experts at that. i even sneaked papaya into cakes because my son never would eat a papaya.the smell of papaya is too strong but it gets camouflaged in a cake/muffin.

radish minced and added to dal. same with lauki,ash gourd and many more. not that he would not eat it. it depends on his mood. so this way it goes in.

also all vegetables can be added to chappathi dough. i remember days when i had left over greens that would be made into chappathis and given by 6.oo to both my mil and kids. they would eat it heartily.

here comes the best sneak. vepamboo/neem flowers, we don't take it to heat as our kuladeivam is a durga amsa. so it goes into coconut thogayal or coriander coconut chutney. sssshhhhhh till day they have never known.

dates into ladoos, muffins, and cakes. my dd does not like dates.

3 people like this.
  10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

And all those who think the little millets in idli/dosa is not so great, you are wrong. you have to find the right proportion and the grinding. no mixie. grind the urad batter. and then just run the millets along with the batter for another 10 minutes. to get a coarse batter. otherwise grind the millets/little millets be it kudiravali, thinai, varagu too..and then add it to the urad batter just like regular idli/dosa batter.

the ratio can be 3 :3/4 cups of urad +1tbslp of methi. or just make it 4:1 too. it comes out great. but you want more softer idlis or you feel the ratio is giving a harder one, reduce it to 3:1.

2 people like this.