1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Lunch Ideas - Creating Balanced Vegetarian Meals

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Shanvy, Dec 13, 2013.

1. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

Shanthi Mam and all the enthusiastic ladies,

A big hi....

Mam, how r u..took a 2 months break from online..so no IL,no Fb etc...
    Now feel like a new ILite :eek:mg:..

Hatsoff for this wonderful thread..if you just randomly open any page, you would get handful of info...thank you so much for the motivation,information you all share here..great going!!

So whenever I get time, I just open a page randomly and read it...It boosts my healthy conscious up :yes:...

As a note of thanks, I just uploaded my breakfast plate here..girls please have ur virtual share :mrgreen:..

Chapathi, Veg Kurma,those ragi balls didnt do anything with my breakfast but just wanted to upload it..made with jaggery syrup,wee bit of cardamom,1 tsp of oil...

Attached Files:

5 people like this.
  2. sumanrathi

sumanrathi IL Hall of Fame

my last night dinner plate

Chapati with Channa Dhal Fry :)

Attached Files:

• 8.jpeg
      8.jpeg
      File size:
      1 MB
      Views:
    5 people like this.
  3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@deepslikes thanks for saying that it was not ocd. and i have somebody at home who will never trust anyone's cleaning his lunch plate. he has to clean and wipe it all the time. and lol on the tava,

@latharam09 those are pooja items only. my neivedyams and milk and other things for god. i am all the time thinking how and what to buy for god that will not be overboard yet make me happy. there is something about decorating and being happy, and my family indulges me, but dh does draw the line frequently. a freshly mopped floor (with a few drops of lemon oil and natural neem concentrate), a clean sink, a clutterfree desk top, a clean bathroom makes me feel good, and i do clean one day and take rest for 2 days is another story.

2 people like this.
  4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@sumanrathi, simple trick to clean the non-stick tava without spoiling it. when hot take a tissue or your kitchen cloth and wipe away all the residue that stickes to it. (switch off the stove please), now let it cool and then wash. you will note no grease is there.i don't use oil for dosas.i just swipe a little with piece of onion or potato.

sorry could not post yesterday. i took pictures but quality was bad, and i had some meetings outside so will post the same a day late in a minute.. you can download a daily tamil calendar in the apps section too.

2 people like this.
  5. deepthiraj

deepthiraj Platinum IL'ite

Hi friends,
    Anybody knows what is brown rice called in tamil?It's same as red rice?If u have brown rice in home,please post the pic....am confused with both red n brown rice... :(

1 person likes this.
  6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@satchitananda satchi the plate is so colorful. i definitely missed your plates here. and loved all the colors that are tempting me. and where did you get sarson..lovely. maybe next time i should check closely it could be there in chennai.

@sumanrathi lovely food. kalakaringa (rocking)

2 people like this.
  7. sumanrathi

Sure. I will use Onion when the dosai is stick with the pan :)

soon will post dosai with pan :):)

1 person likes this.
  8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

red rice -sigappu rice is also a type of kavuni arisi used for puttu.
    brown rice -(ponni/kichli) kaikutthal arisi.
    basmathi too you get brown rice.
    you get a type of red almost black arisi also called kavunni arisi

2 people like this.
  9. sumanrathi

Radhu you can google it (images )

Once I had Red rice from Srilanka amazing taste try to find some Srilankan brand.

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@prana love happy new year. everyone needs break from not getting addicted, but yours is too long a break and i am sure you had your reasons. did you write something new.is that profile from you garden and the rainbow in between beautiful.. yesterday my dd picked the camera after many months..happy mom.

and when i tell people that please don't look at the number, just take your time and go through it you will benefit a lot, my friends get angry. but so happy that you feel so.

i wanted to nickname you manjal nagarathu minnal vaamma...and i loved the plate. the chappathis look super soft..the gravy yum. i liked the ragi laddoo.. now make it with sathumaavu..wholesome nutrition for the kids..keep showing me your presence love.

2 people like this.