1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Lunch Ideas - Creating Balanced Vegetarian Meals

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Shanvy, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Today being pournami pooja made sojji or sheera for neivedhyam. and to be honest we did not have a spoon of sugar in the house for the past 2 days. i went and got the sugar only this evening. so how are we managing without sugar. it just happened, though not intentional goes to prove that we can do without sugar..yaay to the sweet victory.

Today made the sheera with jaggery. you know mom the sheera is different but awesome..meddling mom's tryst:boo: with ingredients has no end. (I swear that is a jaggery based sheera.. does not looks so because of the pale gold color jaggery that i used.)

Fullscreen capture 142015 102400 PM.bmp.jpg IMG_1933.JPG

so my lunch today was makke ki atta (maize flour) rotis, brocolli in a tomato based gravy, methi leaves sabji, curds..

6 people like this.
  2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Yesterday i was talking to a cousin and we were discussing the new trend of things, and some of the recent developments around us that really feels we are too old. now if i discuss those it would look more like the relationship forum which i don't want to. you are saved, and i am save from the brick bats. but what we decided or concluded are the recent gen kids want to grow up into adults faster, but or not willing to take up, own up responsiblities of that adult in many cases. they want all the fun that can enjoy as adults but then there are exceptions to all cases isn't it.

she is from the medical fraternity and she says they want to use a medicine for a day and want immediate results. and more..now if my daughter were to read this hell will break in the house.

today was a the outing for the obsessive cleaning disorder that makes things freaking hell for the family. i could not really cook after continously watching this oil fry pan that my son smoked trying to fry some papads..it happens when he get engrossed in watching dynamo when the oil is smoking on the stove.

have you seen some of the cooking shows, where the person sometimes bring sparkling new vessels to cook in..and in other where the pan is so black that you wonder.

i have a very close friend, who does not believe in cleaning the dosa pan regularly. she feels the treated smoothness of the tava will go..and you guessed it right i avoid eating dosas at her place..but i have to admit the best paper dosas come out from that tava..

please ensure the grease is not there. the maid i used to have will work in such a way as if she feel the dishes as well as the scrubber will bleed..and i take one day to use a brush on my spoons, the ladles.. the grooves on the ladles and spoons..and the rims of plates..see that ocd..after all we are using these things for eating and cooking.

and @latharam09 this one is for you. silver is at a half the rate it was in 2014 january. at 38, you can check out those silver flowers/coins. it comes to around 1400 for flowers. i checked.

And i did not use anything other than pril dishwashing to clean any of this. for the pan i used the steel scrubber. for the silver a little bit of rice flour to give the grip..just used my fingers..and so happy seeing them shining.. what is this post doing in keep fit and maintaining.. oh yeah this was my calorie consuming exercise of the day..

kick me so as not to write all this stories here..

and get ready to do your thiruvaadhirai kali and kootu and adai those who do it...

Attached Files:

7 people like this.
  3. deepslikes

deepslikes Platinum IL'ite

@Shanvy

Come to think of it, I don't remember using sugar after stopping coffee couple of months back.. Still, owing to bottled orange juice (for the added calcium) and other natural sugars I have been exceeding the sugar numbers in MFP. It's so confusing to calculate calcium what with the bio availablity and all. I bought a calcium supplement today until I figure it out in the long run.

Your friend reminds me of the seasoning we had to do for carbon steel woks/cast iron pans to get the patina in a restaurant.

I too don't like it if anyone else (h) does the dishes, but have to appreciate the gesture hmmmmph....so redo later before using.. hehe it's not OCD at all.

1 person likes this.
  4. latharam09

latharam09 Platinum IL'ite

I wonder your memory shanvy. Of late I am having poor memory . really I don't know why.

The sparkling silvers show your involvement in cleaning. I ll let you know if I buy those. Thanks for the info.

1 person likes this.
  5. sumanrathi

sumanrathi IL Hall of Fame

@Shanvy

It is always advisable to avoid non stick vessels but some times we have to use this.

I have non - stick tava if I wash this tava at hot condition next time we can't get crispy dosai I will wash the Tava once it is completely cool. I too use Pril dish wash and i will not allow oil strain on the sides of the tava.

My yesterday dinner plate : Fulka with Tomato Onion gravy
    Today's lunch box: Banana Stem Kootu with little Ghee

Attached Files:

• 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      716.5 KB
      Views:
    • 7.jpg
      7.jpg
      File size:
      937.2 KB
      Views:
    4 people like this.
  6. sumanrathi

When it will be?? sorry I don't have New year calender

I am really missing Thiruvaadhirai Kali..:(

Kali with Butter and Kali with curd will be very good combination.

The most highlighted part is Kootu with Ghee and the best combination is Valakai (banana) fry and appalam :):)

Dear all pl. post the pic. at least i can get virtual food :):)

1 person likes this.
  7. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Lunch - 05 Jan 2015.jpg

Today's lunch: Bisibele bhath made of red rice, beans-carrot veg, beetroot salad, sarson da saag.

3 people like this.
  8. sumanrathi

Good balance with more vegetables :):)

I saw copyright in your pic. you have edited or any apps is available in mobile ??

1 person likes this.
  9. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

I do it on Irfanview on my laptop Suman. :-D

2 people like this.
  10. sumanrathi

ok I thought their will be new apps for patent code because i have tons of photographs lacy to incorporate :):)