1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Father has an affair

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by ConfusedSoul2, Dec 31, 2014.

1. ConfusedSoul2

ConfusedSoul2 New IL'ite

Hi, I am a 30 year old lady. My father is 60 and I recently came to know that he has an affair with a 20 year old lady. I have enough proof which confirms the affair. I am not sure if my mother is aware of this affair. I really want all of this to end so we can be live happily as before. But Now I dont know what to do. Please help. I don't want my Mother to know about the affair as she is sensitive weak and timid. This situatoin is really killing me. Please help me find a way out.

2. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

Find out about the lady. Maybe she is after your dad's money. Make sure that your dad has a will and also enough money in your mother's name. Maybe you can then contact police and file a case of cheating a senior citizen.

3. msindu

msindu Bronze IL'ite

Let him know if you file a complaint in police station he will go behind bars (adultery is punishable by jail time in india for the male) for cheating your mother and lose property if they happen to separate. Unless you scare these losers they won't change.

4. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Take your father out for coffee...and tell him what you know and how he is risking breaking your mom completely. Tell him to stop before your mom comes to know. Also make sure he makes a will in favor of your mother.

You could also get in touch with the girl and tell her to stay off or you will tell her parents/colleagues/husband.

5. Denni

Denni Gold IL'ite

It isn't going to be easy. The lady is in her 20's and obviously she could not be in love with a 60 year old man. So her motives are clear. Sometimes such woman would dare enough to go any length and breaking a family apart would not be a problem to them.

Someone need to talk to your father. Try to do it without involving your mother in it. It will break her heart. Remind him of your mother and the family name that is at stake.

Some man who have affair this age do it for fun and to relive their once lost youth. Some think that they are in love again and if its with a much younger woman, they feel appreciated . I hope its just a passing phase with your father. Hope he come to his senses and realises his mistake.

6. ConfusedSoul2

ConfusedSoul2 New IL'ite

I doubt if that lady is a prostitute. She is definitely unmarried. In this case, will it still be treated as adultery?

7. sumanrathi

sumanrathi IL Hall of Fame

For survival few girls are doing like this and this mostly happening in the office.

I am not sure what proof you have we could not conclude without knowing the proof which you hold with you.

your father may help her for survival or for some other reason for that she may text sweetly you may misunderstood.

don't go to police and all.

talk with your father and understand the relationship if it is confirmed as affair then tell him politely and take him away from the net.

8. ConfusedSoul2

ConfusedSoul2 New IL'ite

There is solid email proof. I really want to confront him but I am unable to as it may spoil my relationship with him completely forever. If that happens, I am worried he might as well continue the affair thinking that the truth is already exposed at least to me. On the other side, he is also a caring person, so he may not want to lose his family. But I dont trust him anymore as he is now a cheater. So I am confused. I cannot think of any relatives or anybody to whom I can explain the problem so that they can talk to him about this. I dont want any third person to be involved as it might damage the family reputation.

9. coolsandy

coolsandy Gold IL'ite

I have seen such situation, live. It was a similar story and the father moved out with that young woman. Mother and two children are left out because of that young woman. As others have mentioned, things can go to any extent. Apart from getting the will, I think you need to ensure your mother gets most of your father's assets, either in money form or on paper. Definitely this is not a substitute to your dad, but you are giving making options for yourself and your mom.

Firstly, since there are no monetary benefits from your dad, that young lady might move away.
    Secondly, if she still lingers around your dad, atleast your mother will not have to be financially dependent on others.

10. sumanrathi

sumanrathi IL Hall of Fame

Pl. don't involve third person into your family matter.
    since you have solid proof talk with him and open his block. this will be good to your mother.
    you are the only capable person to handle in this situation.