Walk Down Memory Lane 2014

Discussion in 'Community Chit-Chat' started by IL_Admin, Dec 2, 2014.

1. EverydayBloom

EverydayBloom Gold IL'ite

2014..ummm flew away very fast for us as a family.

First 4 months were very happy and healthy as i entered new job and we also planned for a new home but unfortunately i lost my job due to financial difficulties to the client. Then we kept hold on buying home, then got job in another city, packing moving settling took us next 4 months of the year...Then there was another surprise from the Almighty, we are expecting our bundle of joy little princess in couple of months...So its a combo of Happy Sad Happy challenging...

I know the new year will blossom with our little princess with upcoming challenges in new avatar as mom and dad for second time, really looking forward to it with lots of hopes and positivity...

​Wish you all Happy Holidays and Happy New Year 2015.

2 people like this.
  2. sudhakrishna

sudhakrishna Gold IL'ite

2014 was a shower of goodness on me and to my family. My brother in law's daughter's marriage was fixed and done in the grand manner in the mid of the year.
    My dream came true after 14 years. I wanted to go for job after my marriage. But it is possible now only. With full support of my kids and my husband I joined in a school as a teacher. I got new friends and came to know my real talent hidden in me. The kids are so smart and intelligent, I enjoyed my come back. My husband did a lot of adjustment in his professional life, so that our family life is not disturbed and helped my desire to full fill.
    secondly I learned to ride two wheeler. I afraid of this, when I started to learn nothing is impossible in this world and age doesn't matter.
    i have root canal treatment, which is long pending and got rid of tooth ailgnment.
    my kids performed their first Carnatic stage performance and got appreciation. Thanks to guru padmashree for her dedicated work.
    my husband was awarded diamond for his dedicated service in his office.
    my mother in law, who was paralysed last year showed a remarkable improvement in her health.
    2014 gave me nice friends, introduced good people and taught me how to enjoy life, without hurting others.
    THANK YOU 2014 for your kindness and welcome 2015

3 people like this.
  3. Yathu

Yathu Senior IL'ite

Hi all,

For me 2014 has left behind many ups and downs.

Ups first:
    I took a big leap in my career. Got a good job with a very good hike. that was the big happiness for me
    Then we constructed our individual house which was a long term plan. Its successfully done.

Downs:
    My mom went to US for 6months to stay with my brother. I missed her soo much.. that was very bad part of last year
    Faced a very bad phase in my career during the first half which drove me to find my new job. So that first half of the year was very worst.
    Was hopelessly searching for a job for 3months. very terrible days.
    my husband got H1B visa.. going to travel soon. this is the worst worst part of 2014 :(

Concluding all.. 2014 had its own good and bad. Wish to take the good things to 2015 and learn things from bad.

on that note, Wish everyone a happy new year

1 person likes this.
  4. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

2014 had been a year of trials and tribulations for me. I had met with two accidents back to back and was fully immobile - though the physical injury was moderate, I couldnt move about. But that proved that my hubby and son could manage well and take care of me too. Now I have to take a vow to boost up my health and care for health more than anything else.

1 person likes this.
  5. FaridahGrace

FaridahGrace New IL'ite

Ah...2014 has been a wonderful year for me till now. I got may first job and that was the happiest event of my life .:p

6. priyakarthish

priyakarthish Silver IL'ite

Hi all
    2014 was mixed with happy and sad moments

Happy Moments :-
    1) My Husband resigned from Indian company and joined as the employee in the German Company
    2) My daughter was involved in various extra curricular activities
    a) Bharatanatyam (One of my fav, which I was love to learn when I was small, but couldnot)
    b) Piano
    c) Karate (Made outstanding performance)
    3) I did a lot of crafty things and really got nice appreciation from everybody
    (one is my 100 Paper roses craft, which i posted here also)
    4) My Brother in law got an opportunity to US (for which he waited for so long years) and now my elder sister is in US.
    5) Got lot of friends.
    6) Started updating myself.

Sad Moments :-
    1) My Mom slipped down in the steps and she was not able to walk for one month. (Now she started walking).
    2) My Father had a Gallbladder removal surgery.
    3) Missed some friends here(who moved from the place where we live)

1 person likes this.
  7. sushdevi

sushdevi Senior IL'ite

A walk mentally down the memory lane has corners where the inevitable lurks. The sad and sudden demise of my favorite aunt is such a memory that I tend not to forget. She was there with me in times of my hardship ,lending a helping hand both physically as well as fiscally .She was the one who insisted and initiated me in to that perfect and pristine divine way of `LalithaSahasraNamam`(the divine mantra) .
    She was talking to me one fine day on a September morning, enquiring about my son`s health, as he was down with chicken pox. She called off asking me to update her about his health. But another update came the very next morning from the ashram ,where she was residing i.e.: “Your aunty passed away in her sleep" A worthy life devoid of gilt and glam .But filled with lot of wisdom and love ,ebbed out unsung .I can only see that when I pass the lanes of yesterday. May her soul rest in peace!!

8. sushi

sushi Silver IL'ite

Walk down Memory Lane 2014 - Sushi

I saw this announcement some days back and wanted to share my memories with you all my friends, but again only at the fag end of the year, I find the time to post. I really, am not sure whether the last date is over as I found it difficult to post a new thread here in this forum. Presently I am in Singapore and forced a share a laptop Secondly playing grand mother avathar takes most of the time. So here is my take, Friends, of memorable memory to share with you.

That was one proud moment for me when I won the First prize for 'SMART LADY' contest conducted by Mangayar Malar in the year 2014. The magazine announced the smart lady contest result with my picture which I am reproducing below:

My picture in Mangayar Malar 1.jpg

. The first prize was Rs. 10000/- worth Tab. The contest consisted of three different sub contests. the first one for which I had to write a blog on 'Unique Me' as I would introduce myself in a blog, second was a poem for a picture and third one was to upload a very different picture taken by self with appropriate description for the same.

Even though this is not the first time I am winning contests and winning prizes from Magazines, this is one special occasion because I was received the first prize from the hands of Ms. Anuradha Sekar , Editor of Mangayar Malar,. I had a real good chat with the editor and was amazed at her simplicity. Picture showing me receiving the prize furnished below:

sushi with editor Mangayar Malar .jpg

Thanks Indus Ladies for giving me an opportunity to share the happy memories with you.

Wising you all Happy New Year 2015.

sushi

9. JeniFlora

JeniFlora Gold IL'ite

sreekutty,

your house is looking very nice. congrats

10. IL_Admin

IL_Admin Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Laxmiaditi, do check this out...