good hospitals for delivery

Discussion in 'Indians in UAE' started by sayoni, Sep 12, 2009.

1. rehana

rehana New IL'ite

hi,in sharjah a spouse cannot enter the labour room with his wife it is prohibited in sharjah by rule but for every other emirate a spouse can .you know in sharjah some rules are different from other emirates.

1 person likes this.
  2. Poonam_rr

Poonam_rr Senior IL'ite

I delivered in Al Raffa hospital Bur Dubai..My Doc was Dr. Mini Ravi..awesome doc and very helpful staff.
    Spouse is allowed in Labour room, but since I was screaming doc suggested my hubby to be outside, as she was saying it will be normal delivery and I was in so much pain that I wanted to have C-Section. But thanks to God and doctor.. it was perfectly normal and quick delivery :)

1 person likes this.
  3. sbushra

sbushra New IL'ite

How is aster hospital for delivery, did anybody delivered there And to which doc? And what was the expenses?

4. deba19

deba19 New IL'ite

Hi,

From my experience Welcare mediclinic hospital is good and maternity ward facilities etc are very good. The nurses in the maternity ward are extremely good and kind.
    But dear do not fret if you have not got an appointment with Dr. Janaki Gopalan.
    I also had heard good reviews of Dr. Janaki Gopalan from one of my friends and so went to consult her during my second delivery. But my overall experience with her was not good. She was very irregular with providing the reports of my blood tests. While the hospital lab said dr would call up and tell the reports, I would never receive a call from her. Whenever I called she would be busy and when I left a message, even that would be unanswered. Also i would have to ask for thyroid & hemoglobin tests to be taken as I had previously had problems with those which she overlooked in my reports. When my hemoglobin count went as low as 6, I was referred to a heamatologist in welcare city hospital, who tried giving me a IV iron to which I had severe reactions and almost collapsed. Luckily I stopped the IV on time myself & was saved somehow. When I mentioned this to my dr Janaki, she said such cases happen rarely but failed to show support. During my c section which had to be done as baby was not coming down, Dr Janaki was very rude to me. In the OT i was a bit scared & moaned while being given anesthesia. While the anesthetist dr and all nurses were very kind & supportive, Dr Janaki was shouting at me. Instead of explaining what was going to be done( since it was my first time being given half anesthesia) she kept scolding me while I was being cut open. Even in the following days when I was in the hospital when she came for rounds for check up she kept commenting to her junior dr that I moaned as if it hurt. The other dr and even the nurses supported me when I said that anxiety is normal for someone who is being cut open & can see it being done too. Anyways my overall experience with her was bad. She may be a good doctor but I did not find her kind, supportive or caring enough for her patients. Don't expect her to be a dr who will give u her phone no or answer ur calls in cases of emergency. Straight forward delivery cases might be her speciality.

5. pregnant

pregnant New IL'ite

kindly update about zulekha hospital for delivery..im 24 weeks pregnant n need advice about hospital n dr for delivery