1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Seniors favorite social media

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, Dec 2, 2014.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Smt.Srinivasan:

I am the same way and IL is the first forum I have written. The encouragement I received made me write more and more.

Malathy and Jey are skillfully managing this Forum very well. The moderators in this forum are pillars of strength for them as well.

viswa

2. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vishwa,

what a wonderful blog, worthy of a nomination which i will do so immed as i finish writing my response, a bit long maybe.

To the point of repeating myself, i was blogging at another site in 2006, when in 2007, A good lady friend, who was in that site and this too, pulled me here, (she was the one who introduced Cheeniya from taht site too earluier, as i later came to know), and told me, snippets is pretty drab and dull, why dont u join here and make it lively. much against my wishes, i came here, to just love it here.

what i like here is, the ladies are so openmined, and not conservative as i thought the south indians to be, they post long and good comments, dil se.

and i feel at home here, among warm friends, and yes indus oils my elderly brains, to make them young again.

and whenever i post a different blog expecting brickbats, i am amazed to see, the ladies instead take my side.HAHA. Maybe they aer kind to this old man,

And we have some wonderful writers, Balaji,Cheeniya, neetu, viji, SGBV,yrself, Srama,satchi and so many more, it is a pleasure to read them, and to have comments from them.

and one can discuss so many things here. For the ladies there are hobby things, cooking from thelikes of Chitvish, and otehrs, married people forums, and one can be busy for a long time here, and u feel u are at home, a second home.

why only seniors, it is good for he youngsters too, fo they can hone their skills, ask martial tips , from the experienced persons here, and there is so much to IL. AT least i have not found any other forum half as interesting.

i am an IL addict, and IL makes me feel young.HAHA

That is the truth and nothing but the truth, so help me God.

Regards

kamal

2 people like this.
  3. madhuprabha

madhuprabha Gold IL'ite

Hello Viswa and Kamal Sirs,
    A very good evening to both of you.
    The more I read your posts, I more I am reminded how humble elderly persons are. We are able to gain a lot of insight from you experiences. Now that I am hooked to this site, I have become a daily visitor, to the point that one of my friends told me 'now-a-days you are very active here'. So to keep up the pretense of a working woman, I controlled myself today and have visited this site for maybe 2-3 hours, hahaha!!!.:rotfl
    I wanted to read the FB to this post of Viswa Sir.

2 people like this.
  4. Viswamitra

Dear Kamalji,

Thank you for your excellent response to this post. When I wrote this post, you are one of the persons I thought of so frequently and how your posts make such a big difference in IL. Your really a rock star in IL and your every post gets the best attention it deserves. Whether it is down to earth self analysis or controversial social topic or your brave handling of health issues, you are able to express so naturally and freely without any inhibitions. No wonder you have so many fans here in IL including myself.

IL is a great learning experience for one and all whether they are seniors or young men and women. Of late, there are so many young women writers who have put their heart and soul into their posts and it is so exciting to read them all and respond.

IL makes a big difference in our lives.

Viswa

1 person likes this.
  5. Viswamitra

Hello Madhuprabha,

Thank you for your response. Honestly, it is the response I get from people like you that makes me more excited than writing my own post. The amount of encouragement I get here is phenomenal. You are right. I am not yet a retired individual who works 8-10 hours a day. But I take breaks in between my work to respond to IL posts. It is a great relaxation to read the posts of IL members.

Viswa

1 person likes this.
  6. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viswa,

I would never mistake your words for anything in the world!

You are one of the most courteous and gentle IL member I have come across and you are always so sincere and so respectful of life, people and manners. So please, no need for such big words like "forgive" here! I totally understand your intention for writing this post. If I have said anything, it was purely in fun!

L, Kamla

2 people like this.
  7. abhatv

abhatv Senior IL'ite

Hi Viswamitra sir,

As you all know age is just a number. Old and young are also only the different states of mind. You have rightly said that the mind is kept active when you interact with the younger generation. It also keeps the physical body active. There is no replacement for the years of experience and understanding that the Seniors have, sir. Have you seen a video where elderly persons from different parts of the globe chat with children who want just to talk and share their daily experience? I was really moved when I saw it. Many children who have grandparents living with them sometimes do not realize their worth though I know some families where the children are more close to their grandparents than parents.

But IL is a big family and now I too have peeped in after a long long time. I find that many previously active members have disappeared and many new energetic members have joined. It is good to see that Cheeniya sir & Chitvish madam and of course not to to forget the IL, the reason behind the IL existence are still active as ever.

Regards one and all,

Abha

8. Viswamitra

Dear Abha,

Thank you for your response to this post. The whole reality we experience is a perception of the mind, age, personality, appearance, emotions, etc. could also be perceptions. We can change our perception by changing our company and views.

You are right about IL members. We have lost a few who have made great impact to this Forum. But there are many who have joined and at present creating greater impact as well. In the changing world, Cheeniya Sir and Chitvish madam are shining stars providing invaluable insight and beacon of light for those who are struggling in the ocean of life.

Viswa