1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Forty Seven years of Married Life!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Dec 6, 2014.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear sw
    I look forward to your reminiscences of your wonderful grandma. We owe this to this community to share the enriching and endearing roles that our elders played in the family.
    Sri

1 person likes this.
  2. abhatv

abhatv Senior IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya sir,

Wish you many many more years of togetherness albeit a little late. Sorry. But as they say better late than never.

With love and regards,

Abha.
    Hope you haven't forgotten me.

3. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya sir,

A very belated Wedding Anniversary greetings to you from your red faced buddy! :oops:What can I say! I have not had much time lately to log in and write and hence the delay. I gave much thought as to how I can make up for my lapse and this is what I came up with!! It is as much a consolation to me as an apology to you>>> By being late, the only good is I seem to extend the special occasion for a bit longer and bring a cheer to you even as the celebrations have died down!! sorrysmiley

Forty seven significant years! Both you and your wife must feel a sense of contentment at all that you have achieved together, be it nurturing your love and partnership, taking care of each other's parents, being proud about your two lovely daughters and their achievements and to enjoy the special pleasure of grandkids. None of these can be taken for granted as I know these are all blessings from the Almighty. Besides, I know only too well that you have done all this with full dedication and pride!:)

As for the little or big differences that such partnership brings is something all of us can identify with. You say you have mellowed with age and how nice that taunts and teasing do not upset you anymore. I can understand that as there is a similar scenario in my life too! My hubby is truly mellow when his daughters say anything to him at all...I think he cannot be the same man that I married for I had a different effect on him and still do! Grandkids are all in love with him though it is me who cooks their meals, wash them and pat them to sleep at the cost of my online IL hours!! It is my hope and wish that they will recognize the true worth of this grandma once they are a little grown up and see that she is a shade better than the grandpa that they so admire! He he he... :queen

Must say, good marriage is a blessing from Above and grandkids are the heaven's gifts to appreciate all the sweat and effort you put into it!

Always nice to read you!

L, Kamla

6 people like this.
  4. Cheeniya

Abha!!! Is that really you? (Cheeniya rubs his eyes and looks again. He pinches his left biceps with his right thumb and index finger) How can I ever forget you Abha? Thanks a lot for stepping in to extend your good wishes to me. I am sure you are keeping well as ever.
    Sri

5. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya sir,

What a pleasant surprise to open snippets and see a blog from you. I HAD to log in and wish you immediately. So here’s wishing you and aunty many more years of togetherness. God bless you both with good health and happiness .While I was smiling (as usual) at the narration a significant part of me could not help remembering my dad (rather tearfully)
    I am sure he would have had exactly the same sentiments. To quote my mother “ Ohhh, your thatha was not the same person you see now” and my daughter replying with a laugh” thatha? And impatient??I will not believe that, amamma.”

An interesting summing up of those 47 years :)

1 person likes this.
  6. Cheeniya

My dear buddy Kamla
    Your flowery apology forces me to give a preamble to my Rambling under review. As you will agree with me, forty seven is not a landmark number except that we got our independence in that year. 25, 50, 75 are all landmark years in one's married life. Further this is the first time, I ever opened about my married life. What I wrote was not primarily intended for inviting greetings and good wishes but something else. Just a couple of days before our wedding anniversary,my wife and I were chatting about my writer's block! She promptly asked me, 'Why don't you write about us?'. I told her very sternly that there was nothing to write about us and even if there was something, it would be very boring! 'I can't even think of one line to write about us' I summed up. She retorted that I was always at my best when I had nothing to talk about! That lit a bulb in my head and thus this rambling was born! So please don't feel sorry at all for not greeting me on time.

That a good marriage is a blessing from above has been the theme of a Kannadasan film song. Ironically that song was sung by Kamal Hassan in the movie appropriately titled 'Manmatha Leelai'! He is still looking for that ideal wife! Incidentally the writer of the song talks about a good wife being the blessing of God but not vice versa. Does it mean that all husbands are a blessing of God? Isn't it a bit of MC?

Don't worry about the true worth of a grandma. stillwaters has promised to tell us about hers. That will put your mind at ease. Yet I must tell you this. While a grandpa can be an instant celebrity with his grandchildren, grandmas will have to work their way into it. Don't ask me why. It is probably because they try to talk discipline from time to time while grandpas can never fail to be partners in crime!
    Sri

4 people like this.
  7. Cheeniya

My dear Mindi
    I knew you would write a FB to this Ramble of mine and that there would certainly be a mention about your dear dad in it. I know how much you love him and possibly still feel a lump in your throat when you think of him. That is the power of love, Mindi. I never understand why people live otherwise when they can see how joyful living in love can be! I see that your dad has been immortalised by his love for his children.
    Thanks a lot for stepping in to greet me Mindi.
    Sri

1 person likes this.
  8. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Cheeniya sir Happy anniversary.Grandchildren bring a great change in life and give a peace of mind. It's amazing that though your wife is from MEENAKSHI PATTINAM CHIDAMPARAM over ruled. Vaaltha vayathillai vanangugiren.

9. Cheeniya

periammannu peru vechundu vaazhtha vayathillainnu sonna eppidi? :-D
    Thanks a lot for your greetings. You are right about Meenakshi! Chidambaram in any case is invisible (Aroopan). How can he have any say in any matter?
    Sri

10. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Cheeniya Sir Periammannu peru iruntha periyavangaala aaga mudiyumaa.

3 people like this.