1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

8 month old not sitting here crawling and not interested in toys

Discussion in 'Infants' started by shrutimanjunath, Nov 24, 2014.

1. FromMars

FromMars Gold IL'ite

Btw when people say don't worry, it doesn't mean inaction on your part. You need to be after him all the time to get him to crawl and walk and play.

2. shrutimanjunath

shrutimanjunath Platinum IL'ite

Ladies.

As as far as crawling and sitting is concerned. He's reffered to a physiotherapist.

When I showed concern about him not grabbing or touching any object. Peadiatrician asked to stimulate more and gave neuromin m drops.

Anydoctor here in this forum to help tell what's the use of neuromin drops.

3. april1981

april1981 Gold IL'ite

Shruti regarding neuromin drops get a second opinion. How can meds stimulate brain behaviour

1 person likes this.
  4. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

I suggest getting a second opinion too.

1 person likes this.
  5. Chitravivek

Chitravivek Platinum IL'ite

What is the basis to refer a 8 month old to physiotherapist just because he doesn't crawl or sit. Is there a rule that babies should crawl or sit by 8 months then both my kids never met the criteria. I feel bad for your baby now Shruti. You can be a worried mom but this I feel extreme step. Regarding drops I would suggest a second opinion from a reputed doctor.

6. FromMars

FromMars Gold IL'ite

Did you ask the doctor about what the Neuromin drops are? I would contact him again and get clartification.

A quick google suggests that its just an omega-3 supplement which adults take and doesn't have any side effects.

I am not suggesting to give this to your child, but to ease your mind that the doctor hasn't prescribed this for any large concerns.

Keep working with your child, he will get there.

Find playmates, other kids, more people around to interact with him

7. shrutimanjunath

shrutimanjunath Platinum IL'ite

Ladies. I consulted 4 doctors. Asked them about neuromin. It's having no harm. No Side effects. For babies , neuromin drops are to boost brain development.

The composition of neuromin is different for babies n adults.

8. shari2003

shari2003 Silver IL'ite

I am not quite sure about the drops. Also, the physiotherapist might get him to do few exercises and stimulate better motor skills.
    But, don't some kids completely skip the crawling phase and go directly to holding on to objects and standing? My daughter has completed 7 months and she isnt crawling on her tummy either. She does some sort of acrobatics lying on her back and that's how she moves. So everyone has been telling me not to worry and that some babies do not crawl. Is he able to sit upright when you make him sit (tripod [position)? Is he responding well when you call his name, and is he blabbering and all that? If he is, then, I am not sure if the drops are required...