Clomid + IUI

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Meghaa, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Meghaa

Meghaa Silver IL'ite

Had the 2nd scan today.. Not much good news.. still not big enough for a trigger.. I just have to use the OPKs at home and call the clinic when I see a surge .. I hate the tests. peeing on a cup everyday is sad and frustrating. I was happy when i started clomid that I dont have to do it , since they would monitor with ultra sounds....
    The doctor said its not ideal , an egg that grows slow or late... it doesnt look like there is much hope this cycle..... and this cycle is also late ... so the next cycle will start late.. we are travelling for christmas... so I guess the 100 mg cycle will have to wait..
    2014 hasnt been a very good year for us... maybe 2015 will be better ...fingers crossed

2. Angumani

Angumani Bronze IL'ite

Hi meghas.

My little suggestion. Before going for 3rd cycke just go for any excersice classes like aerobics or yoga or gym. This helps you better. This is my own and freinds who were in same pcod 's experience.

Regards
    angu mani

3. Meghaa

Meghaa Silver IL'ite

Thank you for the suggestion Angumani. I already do yoga and go to the gym atleast 4 days in a week. To help with my sanity, if nothing else.

4. WiniPooh

WiniPooh Gold IL'ite

Hi Meghaa..don't lose faith...for some ppl like clomid really didn't have much effect. THe injections were a lot better...definitely more # of follicles and better growth. FOr each person its a different mechanism of growth of the follicles. One thing which I found to be an interesting thing which worked for growth of follicle was intercourse....ofcourse not in the window of ovulation,, but before. THink it might have something to do with the hormones ..hehe. Another thing whch I have heard from friends which works for them..warm water bags. Suggest you try to relax through the first half..stress doesn't work too well for the growth.

Just be positive...and focus on the future!

5. Meghaa

Meghaa Silver IL'ite

AF showed up today. This was a 100mg clomid cycle with IUI ( there were 2x50 mg cycles before this). There were 2 big follicles just like the first clomid cycle. No luck.

This is really affecting me emotionally. I hope this struggle does not damage my realtionship with my husband - its the one thing that I have going right for me.

He understands and is disappointed too, but he is not obsessing and crying over it like I am. He said a few days ago that he doesnt remember when I was happy in recent times.

I want to be ok. I dont want this to affect my life, but I cant stop tears from flowing....

6. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Meghaa,
    Consult with your doctor. If you have done several clomid cycles, it might be time to move on to injectibles.

7. WiniPooh

WiniPooh Gold IL'ite

Hi Meghaa...hang in there...the TTC journey is a tough one on any one both physically and mentally. I know the pain as I have gone through it for nearly 5 years...went through 6 IUIs, 1 miscarriage and 2ICSIs. Its very physically demanding and can't really put a strain on your relationship.

This strain was most evident for me when I started my ICSI procedure and i realized that one must just take a break and thats what I exactly did between 2 of the ICSI procedure....took off on a vacation with my husband for 3 weeks..shut myself out completely from all the madness, pressures etc and more so forgot about the entire pressure of relatives, friends etc...cameback and went through the procedure...it was mentally more manageable but more so I realize that the break brought my husband and me a lot closer to handle this together and this helped us through the entire 2nd ICSI.

Would recommend that since 3 cycles of climid haven't worked to consider moving up to injectables. I assume that you have done all the baseline tests for your husband and you to be sure that the basic parameters are fine and then your doc has proceeded on this.

Best wishes...hang in there...the best might come slowly...but totally worth every bit of sacrifice you make along the way!

8. pihu123

pihu123 Silver IL'ite

Hi winipooh,
    Congratulations on your pregnancy....Did you conceive naturally or go for any treatment to conceive..For me and my husband everything is fine but not able to conceive...Can you please guide me to a good fertilty doctor in bangalore who is not money minded and can guide properly...did you undergo laproscopy...If yes, the can you please let me know the complete process of it...

9. WiniPooh

WiniPooh Gold IL'ite

Hi Pihu
    I conceived through the ICSI cycle after having gone through nearly 6 IUIs across 2 doctors. The main issue for my case was my husband's fragmentations which was overcome with the ICSI process thankfully.

I have in the past visited quite a few doctors.....Dr Manisha Singh (Fortis Creation), Anuradha Khar (nuture clinic), 2 doctors from Chennai (my hometown), Dr Vidya Bhat (Cloud 9) and finally settled down with Madhuri Patil for my last 2 IUIs and then ICSI. It was with Dr Madhuri that we figured the issue as to exactly why I was unable to conceive till then and accordingly adjusted the treatment protocol.

Of the above doctors, I somehow only found Dr madhuri's protocol sensible and focussed. From a fertility doctor perspective, I think her rates are very competitive and little lower than others in the market as she isn't attached to any hospital or group. For me, more than the money aspect, it was about who can tell me exactly what the issue is and hopefully figure a solution for the same.

Prior to proceeding for the IVF cycle, that is while transitionining from the IUI to IVF/ ICSI cycle, she mandates that all should go through a hysteroscopy towards ensuring that the uterus, tubes, endoterium, etc are in the right physical state to be receptive to a pregnancy. This is mostly diagnostic in nature, but in certain cases which I am aware, she has been able to find the issue of non conception like endometriosis, fibroids, etc which aren't very visible on the scan during this procedure.

My suggestion/ advice to you....focus on your comfort with a doctor ...thats a lot more important that the money aspect. End of the day your husband and you want a child to complete your family and for which we need to make sacrifices...especially when it comes to fertility doctors who know very clearly that we have tried everything else possible and then come to them...they are aware of our desperation levels and some sadly misuse the same. Dr Madhuri that way I felt might be straight up with her protocol, the way she talks about it, etc...doesnt sugar coat stuff...but end of the day, with me she has been very transparent about the protocol, procedures and more so have been able to build a very good relationship and comfort with her...way beyond all the other doctors!

Best wishes with your journey and hope 2015 is your year for a lovely and wonderful bundle of joy!

1 person likes this.
  10. pihu123

pihu123 Silver IL'ite

Thanks Winipooh for giving me so much of confidence to face the challenges which are going to come .My periods are very regular in every month and i also checked for PCOs very recently.I didn't find any fibroids in ultrasound scanning.But still you think that i should go for laproscopy or hysteroscopy? Till yet i have not gone for any IUI or IVF? very much confused what to do? Can you please help me out? You said that your doctor was able to find out the problem when you were not able to conceive..What was the problem? my husband have also done semen analysis in which everything came out normal. Don't know why i am not able to conceive naturally?