1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Why does God simply keep quiet?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by jayasala42, Nov 16, 2014.

1. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Re: No greater retribution

Dear Brevity,
    So nice of you to have really thought about it and responded positively.
    Our conscience, as you say normally leads us in the right direction.This is for right thinking persons.
    For criminal minded , their conscience instigates them to do wrong things only either by emotion or instinct or revenge.No wrong doer would agree that he is doing wrong , since as per his conscience what he does is perfectly correct.
    When he becomes harmful to others, the innocent suffers. What is the justification?

These questions trouble us a lot. Hinduism has incorporated in itself wonderful 'Karma Theory', which though seems unbelievable and unjustifiable, persuades people to become tolerant and accept realities in life.That being the aim of life, the karmic principle can be stated to have achieved its purpose.

I am glad that your daughter has a questioning mind and is able to distinguish between the right and wrong without being instigated by anyone. You are fortunate to be blessed with a wonderful child.

Jayasala 42

2. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Jayasala, either god does not exist or the Deists are right that he/she/it creates the world and leaves man to his devices.As a consolation we create myths of divine interrvention through incarnations and other means.

3. jayasala42

Dear Balaji,
    I appreciate that you are very clear in your views.
    For people who have 100 % faith, there is no problem. They believe that whatever God does is only for their good.There will not be hardly 1 % of the population with such a staunch faith.
    For people who don't believe in God,they consider all deification as fantasies of some order. But even they do not desist from blaming the non existing God. They also form a minority.
    95% of the human beings have faith neither on themselves or on God and waver in their decisions. They are unable to rely completely on God and hesitate to take decisions of their own.According to them success is essentially due to their efforts and failure is attributed to dearth of God's grace.
    jayasala 42

4. indubalram

indubalram IL Hall of Fame

We always think God only in terms of a human being. We need to think in much broader perspective. The whole universe, Nature, plants ,animals, insects all come under Him. when you think it this way we would surely understand the existence of God and Karma palan.
    And I feel HE has got some reason behind all His action.

5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thought provoking post as always Jayakka, there is a lot to learn from you and thank you for sharing your experiences which is helpful for us . Congratulations for the nomination. Just got this from Google my best friend

Often when we lose hope and think this is the end….GOD smiles from above and says, “Relax, sweetheart, it’s just a bend, not the end!”
    r sharing your experiences which is helpful for us . Congratulations for the nomination. Just got this from Google my best friend

6. chandrakiran

chandrakiran Silver IL'ite

I have of late resigned myself to similar feelings. GOD doesn't really come forward and offer help..There is so much evil going on in the world and GOD doesn't stop things from happening.
    yes, Karma theory is understandable, but one thing that pains me is that i have no visibility of what I did in my past birth, couldn't karma equations have been such that one pays for one does in that very birth!!

We only get to watch helplessly in our current birth and because we find no reason to it, we put it on karma! while I was small, I used to pray God to help me achieve what I wanted, to support me to win life's challenges.
    Over time, i have stopped praying.
    God is not going to give me if i ask, and if God really wishes to give, i don't need to ask at all..so why ask!? I still go to temples, i do fold hands before the idol, because i still believe there is a supreme power way above our understanding..but that's it. no favors asked and no bribes offered!

7. abhatv

abhatv Senior IL'ite

Hi Jayasala,

Your post in itself has the complete answer. God's balance sheet is always tallied. He is the ultimate planner .So whatever happens happens for the good of all. He takes the total universe into consideration!!!

8. jayasala42

Thank you Indu.
    What you say is correct. When we begin to see divinity in every creation, our perception will altogether be different.

Jayasala 42

9. jayasala42

Dear Viji,
    'It is not an end, only a bend"- A nice saying which captivated me most.
    Jayasala 42

10. jayasala42

Dear abhatv,
    True, God never wrong in tallying the balance Sheet. But we need correct perceptions to understand the way He balances.

Jayasala 42