1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Marooned…

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by GoogleGlass, Nov 22, 2014.

1. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

Marooned…

It was a posh star hotel and in the main reception a guy, to an extent decently dressed up in formals was literally pleading…

I checked in this morning and remember my suite was in the 18[SUP]th[/SUP] level, that’s fine sir – suite number please? I don’t remember!!! Guest name please? It’s me!!! OK name sir? XYZ!!! Any ID proof? I lost my bag which had all my documents and my smart phone!!! Sorry sir as per policy we need an ID proof to help you out…

See I had all my proof stored electronically in my smart phone and it is now lost!!! Sorry sir, let me call my manager but since it is late night am not sure if he is around still…

Why don’t you call your office and ask them to mail us an ID proof with your photograph. But now it is late night and no one will be there to help me. Why don’t you call your home? Oh I don’t remember the home number; all numbers are in my phone.

Somehow remembered a friends’ number and pleaded the receptionist to connect by showing the only $10 note he had luckily. He doesn't carry cash at all, all by credit card only, he spends, and accumulating points on his spend and lectures his spouse about his smartness in accumulating points!!!

By the way he lost his wallet too with all those cards. The sleepy friend answered after several calls and got excited when he said he is calling from a city which he wanted to visit for the bars they are known for. Daei machchaan (hey dude) you left me and traveled alone, that’s why you are in trouble now. Idiot, please give me my residence number and got it finally when there was only $ 4 left.

Called home and surprisingly his spouse answered the first ring, honey I just had a dream after watching the movie marooned and in it you were marooned, and there comes your call!!!

I am really marooned in ZYX city, but honey you were to go to MNO and not ZYX, how can I believe it is you and you are asking for personal documents which my hubby has asked not to share with any one unknown. Last minute changes at the airport and I had to travel here, please understand am your husband….

Ok fine I will help you out but before that a routine verification questions (hell with her compliance profession), only if you answer them I will accept you are my darling. What a sad state of affairs?

Can you give your spouse’s birth date, month and year?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello hello hello….

Next question please…

Can you give your wedding date, month and year?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You moron it is good that you are marooned and never ever return, bye and she hung up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Having all that in a smart phone is good with the associated risks they carry.

The smart phone is smart but are we?

Time to remember a few numbers and dates isn't it???

Especially spouse’s birthday, wedding day. :):):)

(Ps: I forgot to mention that this is an imaginary one - but something similar has happened to me, I am honest to agree that, please do have a heart to appreciate that please) :):):)

20 people like this.
  2. Riyakathir

Riyakathir Platinum IL'ite

ha ha ha ha ha.... It is very blunder mistake not remembering spouse birthday... I am on her side that you are marooned... well done she is.. Ha ha ha ha h aha...

i am glad at last you got to know you have to know the important numbers.. I remember prak, who jumps and run towards me when i answer the phone calls and say thank you soo much.. thank you for your wishes... then only he will come to know OMG riya's birthday.. :drowning

So what happened at last, did you check in your room?? Had peaceful travel after all ???

1 person likes this.
  3. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear GG,
    It is one of the punishments in hell for not remembering wife's birthday, wedding anniversary (my guess is men do not remember these dates for the sake of not giving a gift). Good lesson for you. I am also on your spouse's side.
    By heart these dates so that you would not be marooned in future!
    Syamala

1 person likes this.
  4. GoogleGlass

RK - see the laugh you have - but you are right, it's bad on our part to forget these, I agree. This one was imaginary, I added as a Ps now, to clarify. :):):)

1 person likes this.
  5. Riyakathir

Riyakathir Platinum IL'ite

what a imagination... but its good you are getting warned by yourself through your imaginations... its good to not forget.. as wifes will be honored.. :) and love you even more then now.. ;) ;)

1 person likes this.
  6. ammulur

ammulur Platinum IL'ite

:biglaugh that was a good one GG.. I have a cousin brother his bike no is similar to my birthday whenever we meet me and brother popup this topic and tease my other sisters that my bonding with my brother is more stronger then their's.

Do agree with Syamala that men don't remember these dates.

1 person likes this.
  7. GoogleGlass

ha ha ha S4 - it was not me :)

But men are designed to forget these for a reason, women to have an opportunity to torture them for forgetting :):):)

I was like this and at times still like this, not to the likes of my spouse - it is a must to remember, no doubt about it. Thank you for the fb.

8. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear GG,
    Though imaginary that was a good one. People are depending solely on their gadgets.
    he, he, I also don't know my mobile number, but I know my DH number.

PS

1 person likes this.
  9. GoogleGlass

thank you Rk - once is an incident, next time it's an accident - at home the damages will be heavy :)

10. parineetha

parineetha IL Hall of Fame

“oh poor chap…poor you.. how can the wifey be so heartless?
    How could she be soo mean?”

Forget it! If you think I'll ever say that GG. Just no chanceeee…

I had my dose of sadistic hysteric laugh reading the poor guy and the poor you.
    You happen to forget the all-important days of your wifey, that’s it..you’re done for it.

My DH usually starts wishing me from 2 days closer to my b’day, not coz he’s is cheezy or something. Just a safe fallback plan in case he forgets it on the day. He’ll escape saying “C’mon sweety, how could I?..I ‘ve been wishing you from last 2 days na”. He actually did that once….hence the master plan.

And usual nice nice one! simply enjoyed it reading on a lazy Sat afternoon.

4 people like this.