1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

No Interest in life

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by struggler0707, Nov 19, 2014.

1. struggler0707

struggler0707 New IL'ite

I dont have any interest in life, no interest in getting ready, to wear good clothes, keep house clean or finish my studies, no interest in having sex with dh.
    No interest in waking up in the morning..Not interested going out..I started feeling scared of everything..I was not like this few months back, I got married to my present dh ( its second marriage for both of us). DH is very caring, has lots of patience, helps me with the core but only thing he or his parents didnt reveal about their debts. This came as a big shock, I cried a lot for some days, but realised I cant do much now.
    I lived quite a long time in abroad (becuase of first marriage and studies), and shifted to India with lots of hopes..but the lifestyle here I keep on comparing with the life in abroad. I dont feel like finishing my studies any more, and wanted to do do a job. but then I am not confident whether I can get job . I dont have a clear picture what I want to do with my life. I was on anti-depressants for about 5 plus year and stopped after coming to india. we consulted psychiatrist regarding it, he said it's ok. I am always on the extreeme sides, either completely depressed, starts crying or over excited. DH says, I am not balanced in life. I just keep sleeping, eating (overweight) and watching tv whole day.
    I want to restart my life by learning something new, start from zero but stopping my studies will be disappointing to my family, DH.

2. shrivni

shrivni Silver IL'ite

Dear. . .

You know, what your problems are. . .so you will very well know, what to do to over come from this. . .too. .

Come kick start and gooooooooooo

1 person likes this.
  3. shrivni

shrivni Silver IL'ite

On the other hand, try some Yoga and meditation. . .

1 person likes this.
  4. CrayoNess

CrayoNess Platinum IL'ite

It seems like your depression is still there. Consult a doctor and go back to medication for a while. Try also to find a good therapist. Exercise may also bring relief.

5 people like this.
  5. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

Hi OP,

Please consult a good psychiatrist, and take medicines and take part in counselling sessions. You will get relief from all your symptoms said above, as ur hubby is supportive, that is a big plus, so make him also part of counselling. Take care.

6. painkiller

painkiller New IL'ite

hi struggler,
    I too had many similar days. Relacs...had you known how many worse problems people face elsewhere you will just sit up straight and start thanking God. Are you in christ? Dont worry,even im a hindu and not a preacher. but this video i came across which transformed my whole life and gave energy just few comforting words. Good thoughts,life changing thoughts can be heard from anything. bible,geetha or quran.
    Just wishing you God's blessing and a new spirit.Just believe in him and mind your own work your belief is fuel for lord. He will drive your vehicle.
    We all see problems more and forget Gods face.
    We see his hands more than his grace.

Just see His presence.
    God bless you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7I_p86eQMHQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-D8dMAtbF4

Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  7. Rise

Rise Platinum IL'ite

IF you had only 1 more day to live how would you live your day ? just think tht way, live every day as if its ur last day

1 person likes this.
  8. nb25

nb25 Gold IL'ite

OP,

The feelings you have described are symptomatic of BPD.

Is it possible you are suffering from BPD? If so, you can do some research on this. May be it will help you to understand why you are feeling so low. Involve DH in your research too. If not, then I am really sorry for bringing it up.

Many things happen over the course of our lives, that challenge us, make us question ourselves. But in the end, these experiences are what makes us stronger. Just think of it as a growing experience.

I feel you are on the path to recovery as you are aware of yourself, and have posted here for help. Exercise can help reduce your depression, and also regularize your sleeping patterns. Reading some motivational books when you are feeling low can really help.

Don't be too hard on yourself. Do what you want to do. Don't worry about measuring up to others' expectations.

3 people like this.
  9. Jeejaaji

Jeejaaji Bronze IL'ite

RELAX and Follow below to live active and happy:

You are not into this family to clear their old debts or take all their issues on your head.

1. Go daily for a 30 mins walk, if possible alone.
    2. Have a chat with your neighbors share your views and ask for their views.
    3. Give a challenge to yourself and learn new things like cooking, stitching, crafts making etc.. (whatever makes you feel new and good).

If anyone can help you is you and yourself only, We are the one who are responsible to make our surroundings positive or negative.

Good Luck...

10. shari2003

shari2003 Silver IL'ite

Please do not ignore these symptoms of depression; see a therapist. Apart from counselling sessions, you may have to take medicines as well.

Also, you have mentioned that your husband is good in all respects, loves you and cares for you. See those are true positive ingredients for a great life. Do not think too much about their not revealing their debts. I think you are caught on to that point; if so, please leave that.

Start your day making a plan for all that you would do on that day and stick to it no matter how tired/ lazy you feel. Go for long, brisk walks and nurture a hobby.

Good luck!