1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Birds of rare feather flock together

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by parineetha, Nov 17, 2014.

1. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Neetu,
    Really wonderful.Congrats for being nominated.
    I am just reminded of a simlar incident that happened in in 1986 in our office.
    One of our friends lost her husband in a plane accident when he was coming to celebrate the first birth day of his son.
    Within a month another lady from our office lost her life while coming to office ,in a motor bike accident.
    Myself with three of our friends took the initiatice contacted the survivors and their families .There was some objection initially. Yet we were able to persuade and we arranged for the wedding of the two bereaved partners.The children got accommodated so easily with one another. Now the children are about 30, well educated and settled. The couple had their life;the kids enjoyed the love and affection of parents.

A great sense of satisfaction filled our hearts when the simple marriage was solemnised in the presence of intimate friends.I still visualise my friend's face when I gifted her a Kunkumam simizh.
    Today's world , girls are educated and very generous in their outlook. The step motherly treatment etc are topics of earlier era.

Jayasala 42

3 people like this.
  2. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Neetu Chickoo is really a sweet angel.May God bless her.

1 person likes this.
  3. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Neethu,
    A fantastic narration! In fact children are innocent and loving by nature. Only.some elders poison their mind in situations like this.

PS

2 people like this.
  4. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Parineetha,
    I like the attitude of Chikoo. Wants to love new mom and sister. A very good positive trait. I wish her all happiness. I once asked a little girl "Why is she always happy? and no complaints?" What she said you know? "I want to be happy and that's why I am always happy!" Simple answer...it is an attitude. Sum of whole philosophy.
    Syamala

3 people like this.
  5. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

That's a lovely attitude Parineetha. Kids never fail to show us the right way. Best wishes to the little one.

1 person likes this.
  6. PriyaPrahlad

PriyaPrahlad Silver IL'ite

Lovely writeup Parineetha :)

1 person likes this.
  7. parineetha

parineetha IL Hall of Fame

Many Thanks LF' for your kind words!

8. parineetha

How nice of you Vijima! You've always been generous with appreciations every time, that I take all chances to scribble my heart out.

What is family otherwise? They are ones who accept you as you are and who never gives up on you no matter what. While I took time to understand at the donkey's age, she knew at 8. :-D What do I say? just can't stop admiring her :)

1 person likes this.
  9. parineetha

You’ve said it all Viswa Sir!
    This was the story some 5 yrs ago, now is she is young teenage girl and hasn’t changed a bit. I haven’t seen or heard her hurt her someone. Every time I see her, I get that little pinch ‘Ah! wish I have a daughter like her’ so endearing she is.
    Thanks! Viswa Sir for such a lovely feedback!

10. parineetha

Yea GG! Indeed..

Nothing new from me at all...It's someone who keeps giving me Gyan's saying why fear of something you can't change.? I just used that profound message in my own way..So all credits to that someone, you know who :))))
    These days the word 'attitude' is like a freebee, you hear it from everyone on everything. It's actually people like chikoo who teach me what it exact means.

1 person likes this.