1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Sewing machine search made easy

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by cheek, Aug 25, 2011.

1. cheek

cheek New IL'ite

Hi,

Hi,

I finally got myself a good sewing machine a few weeks back. My search started on the internet with the best model available. Since most the information I got were from the sites based in US, I narrowed down to brother cs6000i, which was loaded with features for a beginner as myself. But I was quite disappointed that none of the brother home sewing machines were available in India and even if they are available then they are double the price of what it is sold in US, but availability is rare. One best of the way is to get it thru someone who will be visiting US or get it sent thru someone residing in US. If this is possible then there are several other models available. I was seriously considering doing that when I learnt that either the spare parts are not available or are very expensive not to mention the servicing if anything goes wrong. So dropped the idea of doing that and went searching for the varieties available in the Indian market. I was pretty disappointed that the dealers here were trying to sell me either Singer or Usha, which I would not buy because when I started searching of good SMs on internet, I searched for the worst ones and these two names were prominent. I should really thank my stars or my patience that I kept searching and found this shop, Globaltech in Balepet, Bangalore, who had this machine on which my eyes fell and stuck on it. Husqvarna Viking, which I was not expecting to see in India. I don’t know whether my search was enough or not, I did not find this machine in any other shop. This is not the computerized one, just the mechanical one, considered to be one of the best machines, they promised me of good servicing, many features, and at a bargain price as compared to Singer and Usha. I might have paid a lot more if I was going for Singer. I did not go by the number of stitches they were offering but totally by the quality of it and hassle free stitching experience that I will get from this machine, best for a beginner. They also had JUKI home sewing machine which had horizontal bobbin drop system, but I was advised against this since it might give you trouble in future. This is one of the reason for me to select over JUKI and also other one was that the HViking was pretty much noiseless. Best beginner machine. Going by the availability of table top motorized embroidery machine, this is the best I guess. There are other machines which can be connected to the PC and download designs, but those machines starts 40k upwards. There are many varieties available in US market for home embroidery machines.

I am enjoying my stitching experience with HV. And hope that this information is of any help at all.

1 person likes this.

2. Nimider

Nimider New IL'ite

Hi cheek,glad to read ur msg.i am planning to buy a sewing mahine.was planning to buy janome or brother.But was disappointed tht it is not available in india just as u mentioned in ur msg.How is H.viking sewing machine?what is the model number how much stiches does its has?Can its stitch heavy materials like jenim,pilloecushion,bedsheet?Plz let me know.Thanks

3. Dhanu15

Dhanu15 New IL'ite

Hello cheek,

Are you still using HV sewing machine...can you please give me the contact detaisl of the dealer in bangalore?

Thanks, Dhanu

4. seashellmish

seashellmish New IL'ite

Can anyone provide the store and contact dealer for the Husqverna Viking sewing machine in bangalore.

5. Radhai

Radhai Platinum IL'ite

Can you post the model number and feature list if you don't mind? By any chance have you tested how many folds of Denim material it can stitch thru' without a hiccup? Thanks