1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A travelogue!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Srama, Nov 12, 2014.

1. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sabitha,
    Nice description of travlogue. I was spellbound!!!!
    Syamala

1 person likes this.
  2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

What an experience Sabitha! I know now why God has given you the opportunity to visit the most incredible places in the world. He knows that you will see, feel, experience, enjoy and share the beauty of His creation with all of us.

Do I need to say Sabitha how much I enjoyed your description and the way you put down your thoughts on paper.

Thanks a lot Sabitha for giving us such a detailed experience through words.

1 person likes this.
  3. parineetha

parineetha IL Hall of Fame

Beautiful piece Sabitha!

You spoke the language of nature and its mesmerizing glory, walked me through the plethora of emotions captivating my senses in the aura of heavenly beauty.
    All I had to do is close my eyes, hold your hand and walk with you :))))

1 person likes this.
  4. apar_ram

apar_ram Silver IL'ite

Wow!! Sabi you have a true gift with words and your connection with nature! It was indeed a wonderful journey through the jungle and the mountains. You brought out all our emotions. I came here after seeing the pictures wondering if you had written about your journey and i was thrilled to see that you had penned down your journey more beautifully than your lens had captured! I now have to really make plans to go visit!!!!!
    Aparna

1 person likes this.
  5. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Syamala,

Thank you for stopping to read this and your warm words.

6. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Awww Satchi you are too sweet to me and your words brought tears to my eyes! Thank you.

1 person likes this.
  7. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Parineetha,

Thank you for your trust in me! I don't know what to say!! Thank you!

8. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Aparna!! I cannot believe you are here. You know how thrilled I am to hear from you and you know how it touched me that you found my words are more beautiful than the pictures. It is a huge compliment, knowing you! Thank you!

PS: I did read your response a few times, I was that happy to receive it :)

1 person likes this.
  9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Saby,

OH boy,

I read your travelogue the day you posted, but i needed to give me the time to let the exhaustion of the journey (you know me) to give way to just reminiscing on the pleasure of the walking with you through the whole journey.

What a great difference it makes after the roar of the concrete jungle, where people are scared of the possiblity of the tigers of vandalur zoo escaping and venturing outside owing to the breach in a wall. made me smile, we just pick them off their habitat, put them in enclosures that mimic their homes, and enslave them to these places yet when they are out, we are scared. shows we only feel powerful, so much that when somebody says "man is powerful", feels more of a joke.

i so understand and agree with universe does listen to you and helps you. isn't this what paul coelho had to say "And, when you want something all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it."

We have a family friend, he came into our life in 2002 and this guy used to always talk about being one with the universe and that universe always guides, and gives you clues and answers to all your questions.. i used to wonder a lot then, now what a dozen years can put into focus, is experience and observing and absorbing and i completely agree with him today. universe has a divine intelligence and has the immense capacity to interact with each of us only if we recognise it.. (now look at what you have made me do...)

Aren't we a self-centred lot that we need a guide,to tell us to look out for those small ants and other fauna that balance the ecosystem. we men are the greatest threat to the ecosystem today.

Your travelogue definitely makes me yearn for that elusive silence that is not possible until i switch off my thoughts (and you know it is not so easy) completely. it is a work in progress and taking loads of practice. but it is like holding the conch to your ears and hearing the sounds of the ocean. close your eyes and you can visualise the beauty of the elephant tree, the blessings, the animals, the slow crashing of those waves, and the rustle of your feet on the bed of the forest.. and i do that often.

i wonder why we keep allowing our negative/depressive thoughts to take a root and grow into elephant trees inside our head, taking a life and space of their own and slow us down. instead be one with the universe enjoying a shooting star one night, and the empty sky another night and being at peace.

had the wonderful experience of watching a shooting star on campsites and can understand the wonderful feeling, and your thoughts around the elephant tree made me think of the tree of life that i blogged long back.
    tree-of-life-5[2].jpg
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/blogs/shanvy/the-tree-life-natural-wonder-155/

and i have to say, coming in later is such a wonderful experience to read and being enriched with these perspectives and wonderful feedbacks. to reaching within and to understanding music and more..

And may should thank you for making it happen...

P.S recently had the experience of going and visiting a agricultural farms, so close to the city yet so unattached to the concrete jungle, with a peace and one ness with nature, that i wish i could stay there forever but duty calls.

2. pic is from the net.

2 people like this.
  10. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Awesome I love traveling felt as if I was with you thru and thru.Thank you for sharing.
    I have no further words to describe my joy.

1 person likes this.