1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Do you take Multivitamin supplement?

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by SupriyaDinesh, Jun 20, 2008.

1. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Hi Friends..I would like to know -do you take multivitamin supplements in regular basis?Is so can you please give the brand name and shop name?I took supplements for nearly 2 years during pregnancy and 1 year for BF.Later when i stopped i felt I became tired .Though i try to eat a balanced diet daily.i feel something is missing..

What do you think?

2. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

Supriya,

I am not sure how the multi vitamin tablets work for me, but I have been taking Kirkland Brand from Costco. It is a jar with 500 tablets....just does not seem to finish.

3. msquare

msquare Senior IL'ite

i take one a day womens. Just started with it couple of days ago, as i always hear my mom saying bones get week for ladies as they give birth and lots of calcium is needed for women.

4. SupriyaDinesh

Hi nivedi and msquare..Is the supplement prescribed by doctor or OTC?

Thank you for your input.

5. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

Supriya,

It is OTC for me.

Msquare - Your mom is right. Women need to take care of our calcium needs.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2008
  6. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi,

I used to take Women's 1-a-day (OTC) Sam's brand before pregnancy. Since I got pregnant and while I was feeding my little one, my Gynec had prescribed a pre-natal multi-vitamin (with more folic acid and iron).

I guess we women need a multi-vitamin that is rich in folic acid, omega3 and of-course calcium. Guess they help!!

Malathy

PS: Supriya, why have this discussion local to USA & Canada? I guess this is a more health related discussion and I am moving it to the Diet & Nutrition forum, so that even ladies in other parts of the world share about the supplements they take.

7. bornfree78

bornfree78 New IL'ite

Hi Supriya,

I take a multi-vitamin capsule every other day, just an OTC one. I also take an omega 3 supplement everyday (a spoonful of flax seed oil) as my diet does not contain an adequate amount.

Tiredness almost always has a physical or emotional cause. Physical: underactive thyroid, anaemia; emotional: stress, anxiety...are some of the causes. If you feel that it is affecting the quality of your everyday life then get it checked out.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2008
  8. vv123

vv123 New IL'ite

where do u get Omega -3 supplement in India ?

Vidya

9. SupriyaDinesh

Hi malathy..thank you for your pick of supplements..I had put this under USA and CANADA because the supplements taken in India may not be available here and vice-versa..and the shops name I wanted to know from locals..thats y..any ways no problem even its changed to health section..

Born free..The tiredness is not affecting my daily life..let me see what changes I can make..Thank you for your concern..

10. wadalma

wadalma New IL'ite

WE always give the kids some mineral and multivitamin .Especially ,that during the hot season we rarely spend enough time outside under the blue sky -ans we need vitamin D supplement!