1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Am I thinking too much on converstion between husband and his female friend

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by priyanka12345, Nov 10, 2014.

1. priyanka12345

priyanka12345 Silver IL'ite

Hi,

I am going through tough time with my husband. WE are having fights over my parents, his parents, going to mumbai to ILs place , son,s birthday and so on.

Now he has one female collegue who is very good friend of him . I have met her and talked for sometime. They seem good friends and spend most time in office together.
    they go for tea, lunch , snacks etc. after coming from office also they talk on whatsapp late nights. I find it very strange. If they leave at 7 pm from office , they keep talking near our home for almost 1 hr or so and he comes home mostly after 8.30PM

I have seen him talk more than required with her.she discusses her problems of ILs,life with him etc but husband did not reveal me anything. when asked once some 3 months back, he said she is just a friend etc.

But now we went 4 days to ILs place and he had taken Work from home.now today I saw his whatsapp and they were talking late night from mumbai ILs place as well.
    She asked if she missed him as friend ? " Did you miss your friend etc"My hsuband wrote no but i am not sure what all this means.
    I find it strange that they spend so much time together and my husband deletes their whatspap activity as well generally.

I have started doubting my husband now. constant fights is making us distance ourseleves.
    that female is married with kid etc. I have started thinking if they are having an affair etc. Atleast i wont ask my friends from offcie if they missed me for 4 days etc.

Am i thinking too much?

1 person likes this.

2. needhappylife

needhappylife Junior IL'ite

Don't fight with him..Just have a talk regarding this hw you are feeling..

You are right..chatting till late night is not correct when u have wife and kid@home..

I suggest you sort out this matter ASAP..sooner is better always.

I have seen same kind of behavior with my husband... I used to fight a lot last 4 years..Lot means lot but that didn't give situation better and even told to that lady..still same..

3. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

Keep your DH more busy with son's activities - dont give him time to talk at least from home - tell him you need his help with some household chores and son's stuff ! Make him more eager to be home sooner, if he leaves at 7:00 pm, call at 7 and tell him what is waiting for him at home ;-)

Let him feel he is a dad and not only a husband (with all the fights and issues) !!

Right now with all the arguments and fights - inlaws and birthdays - he might have started to discuss his own problems with his colleague and they might have found some common issues (as that colleague also shares her inlaws problems) so the discussions may be getting more personal than necessary and being in close proximity doesnt help obviously!!

Try to get him to meet you for lunch for a few days, improve your relationship and bonding with him - if he is not in any kind of relationship with her, he will respond to your overtures !!!

If these dont work then you can think about confronting him - do plan and think properly how to confront lest you jeopardize your marriage unnecessarily on a false suspicion !!!

4 people like this.
  4. friendlygirl

friendlygirl Silver IL'ite

Why don't you let him know that you are not a big fan of this and it makes you uncomfortable. Ask him if things wetter other way around.

5. priyanka12345

I did tell him last time some months back when we discussed and was uncomfortable.he said they are juts friends and I should not doubt etc.
    he said just because i think otherway he cant stop friendship

6. gauridinesh

gauridinesh Platinum IL'ite

Actually, he should.
    Ask him how he would feel if you sent similar messages to your colleagues too? Dont make it a huge fight , but let him know in strong words that you are not happy with this.
    Do you meet this lady often? If yes, when you see her - just casually in a joking manner say 'Oh, he doesnt have time for us - he is always chatting with you ' or something like that. And laugh out loud. Just so that she gets the message that you notice it and are not very comfortable about it.

1 person likes this.
  7. blissofmylife

blissofmylife Silver IL'ite

Dear OP,

I have seen your previous threads.. So otherwise, is your husabnd talkative in nature..
    like someone who makes friends easily?

If not, then, I don't see why you shouldn't be worried about this one?

You need to get his attention diverted ASAP..

8. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

Hi Priyanka, im very sorry to hear whats happening in your marriage and confused too. Do you really think you might be overreacting? I think its clear that you dont, in fact i think you are a very calm even maybe too calm wife.

I wouldnt tell him that you read his whatsapp chats if you did so. But face him with what he did and make it clear its not normal. How much time he does spent with you and your kid? How was your marriage before she came into the picture? It sounds for me a bit like he is spending more time with chatting with her then with you which is clear cheating for me. Moreover I would never accept if another lady is discussing private things with my hubby and im not allowed to know what they are talking about (thats just me and i dont talk about sharing recipes i mean important stuffs). They make you the outsider to their world and it should be other side round. She shouldnt have the power to get his time and attention (in late night?!?!?!?!) and know she can push you away. You really need to step up here and face him.

Maybe you can plan a romantic weekend without kid to refresh your marriage a bit and check on the way wether he really will keep contact with her?
    Or you take the kid with you for a nice family time?

Depending on how that weekend turns out decide how you face him.
    If you realise in the meantime that she is in chat or stands outside to talk to him find some excuse to get him busy and check wether he drops her to give all attention to you.
    If possible show up at his working place for a surprise lunch and see wether he will ask her to join in or let her go.

All these are indicators to check on whats going on with him. The streightest way is just to simply ask him.. but the others are a good source of information too

1 person likes this.
  9. priyanka12345

hi,

He used to tell me to make friendship with her. she is good girl etc.
    initially husband did not tell me her problems but then later on he did tell me some issues she had.
    we had been invited to her house for ganpati as well and her family seemed nice.

sometimes i feel they are just good friends and sometimes when he talks from home or talk after oiffice hrs i feel wierd. I did ask him whats to talk so much after office hrs standing.he says they talk abt their bosses etc etc.
    I have never done that in my career , talking abt bosses etc or gossiping so i find it wierd.

yesterday he came early but again he got call from her saying her family is not going out fordinner etc. I dont know why the call was required and then i knew the reason he came early.they make it point that they leave from office at sametime.i dont know how everyday this can be possible.but this is also done for some good friend s and hence get confused.

he is not talkative but has good friends. not that he never had friends who were girls which i dont know but this friendship feels different to me.

rt now we had fight on going to in laws place and we went as my SIL delivered . there were some incidences which showed that i am not needed at my ILs place or welcomed and hence am angry on him. I am not talking much unless very much required.

so i dont want to talk abt this issue now . rather i need time to come out of the hurt i felt after being at ILs place.sometimes i feel its better if he has affair and lets me know.. i will divource and stay peacefully later.Not sure :(

10. Hyral

Hyral Gold IL'ite

oh dear i know how it feels, when DH spends more time though virtually with his female colleagues...I think you can play it lightly like...you invite the gal and her husband and casually you say while serving food to everyone having the female , her husband and ur DH around...that "Its rare to find a colleague with whom you talk everything...and you can say on seeing my DH and your wife (female colleague) it reminds me of my school / college days when i use to discuss out my problems and talks with my best friends but they were gal... I never knew my DH can talk so much to lengths....looks like they are lost siblings met in office hehehehehe and laugh out, Also you can add that you and ur DH are so much in love and you keep sharing love stories to the female and her husband" with this it will get clear if gal's husband knows abt her chatting addiction with ur DH or not... All the best...make sure you spend lot of time with your DH , dont give him time to chat with that female...rather you occupy him with yourself...ALSO if you invite them or you happen to visit them....play a couple game....we usually play when my husband, his cousin brothers and their wives meets up... like 'TELL LIKES & DISLIKES Of your SPOUSE' good chance for you to say what you dislike 'YOU CAN SAY - ' I dislike that my DH spends more time over whats App rather than spending with me...I want my DH to come home soon to have romantic time together'' say whatever you can think of...try if you can spice it up.....and for LIKES you can SAY what you LIKE THE MOST AND CAN BRING FIRE IN THE OIL Burning at Female ends :mrgreen:

ALL THE BEST !! In case you cannot invite them....simply call that female talk casually with her and say that how much you dislike your DH being super busy over internet and how much you feel like cursing or getting angry over ppl with whom he chats'......Oooofff I feel like screaming out to that lady ...... I myself is working wife, with no kids still I don't manage to get any time to even reply to my Friends or family's msgs many a times that of my parents I wonder how she manages to get so much time to chat.....say something similar to your DH too...and tell you DH....gossiping is good but Over gossiping and to depriving wife from the right full attention and time of hubby is not good....Tell him will he be ok if you do the same to him? neglecting him and talking to some male colleague of urs every now and then?

Ask him to GROW UP ... FULL STOP