Add Name to birth Certiicate

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by csaritha, May 10, 2012.

1. csaritha

csaritha New IL'ite

HI,

My Son was born on 25/July/2011 at Chennai. His birth certificate shows her sex as male child and his name does not appear in it. Now since we need to apply for his r passport, name is to be included in his birth certificate.can any one suggest me the process and to whom i need to consult.

or doing this

Last edited: May 10, 2012

2. Goodgod

Goodgod IL Hall of Fame

hi Sarita,

You have to go to the corporation in chennai , or municipality if a small town, with a sheet having his details and name. they will do the legal stuff and that paper can be used .Hope this helps

3. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Saritha,

You need to submit an application for including the name in the corporation office along with a copy of the birth certificate. While submitting the application, they will ask you for an id proof. So please take one along to avoid multiple rounds to corporation office.

4. csaritha

csaritha New IL'ite

5. Custard

Custard Gold IL'ite

Hello all,

My son was born on October 15, 2014 in Venkataswara Hospital, Chennai. His birth certificate doesnt include his name. In hospital, they said, we can add name online and take a printout. But I dont see any such facility in Welcome to Corporation of Chennai

Can we do it online now?

6. uma927

uma927 Bronze IL'ite

You have to go to chennai coorporation with the id and adress proof. The name of the kid, parents name, address details in a paper to submit in the office. If the time is above 21 days you are including the name, there is some fine of Rs 2 or Rs 5...but for sure you have to pay another bigger amount to this fine for the job to get done. :)

7. alar

alar New IL'ite

Hi .. I am new to indus ladies.. i needwd some information regarding this thread. How long will it take to include the name once submitted in chennai corporation office? My son was born on 21st dec 2014. we submitted his name on 14th january 2015. they sait will reflect in 10 days.. but still not updated.