Who Am I? - Part I

Discussion in 'New Member Area' started by kavya, Aug 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ashna

Ashna Bronze IL'ite

To Know me is to love me

I wish u and your loved ones a very happy and prosperous DEEPAWALI!!!

As the candle light flame,

Ur life may always be happiness' claim;

As the mountain high,
    U move without sigh;
    like the white linen flair,
    Purity is always an affair;
    As sunshine creates morning glory,
    fragrance fills years as flory;
    with the immaculate eternal smile,
    attached to u mile after mile;
    All darkness is far away,
    As light is on its way;
    Wish all of u a very happy Diwali.

My name is Ashna.. I am a simple,well-mannered,hard-working, accommodating and home loving girl born & brought up in Delhi with strong cultural and ethical values. I love my parents more than any one and my papa is not only a father to me but also my friend, philosopher and guide. My mummy is the most simple and loving lady with few but good and right words out of her. I have a younger brother who is more like a sister to me. My uncle is not an uncle but elder brother to me and like a son to my parents and last but not least is Leo our 3 year old German Shephard who is heart of the family.
    And now comes my better half. I am married to a simple, sober,down to earth, caring and a very handsome management professional settled in Australia. So here i am by virtue of marital knot.
    I have Master's in English Litt & Computer Science, Two extremes one full of fantassy and Romanticism and other too practical and dynamic. I have also Advanced Diploma in IT from IBM and am currently working in IT deptt of an Australian Bank.

My favourite pass times are:
    Reading and writing articles
    Surfing the net
    Designing Websites
    Traveling
    Astrology
    Gardening
    Interiors
    Cooking & Experimenting with recipes
    Art & Craft
    Window Shopping
    Hanging out with my childhood friend at Dilli Haat Which i miss now being here so far from my homeland DELHI..............list is too long but in nutshell I love to do any thing and every thing that gives me happiness and peace of mind.

I believe that when things don't seem to be going your way, always know that God has a plan for you. If you place your trust in Him, He will give you great gifts. We don't always know what God's plans are for us. We just know that His ways are not our ways, but His ways are always best.

Hope you will enjoy the new sub-forum : "ASHNA'S RASOI". I will be in it trying to give you a glimpse of what lies in my kitchen ie."ASHNA'S RASOI". The content will be full of cuisine of a very diverse country- our country INDIA and addition of International cuisines like Australian,Mexican,Italian,Chinese etc. I would be more than happy to reply your queries and problems to the best of my knowledge, experiments and experience....

Regards,
    Ashna

Last edited: Oct 4, 2006
  2. Prema

Prema New IL'ite

Interesting

Dear Indus Ladies....

All thanks to the Internet and these kind of Websites / Forums. We really start thinking about our lost identity.....WHO AM I ???? Over a period of time the whole identity of perswon gets camouflaged due to various reasons.

So, let me start digging about myself !! Well, here I have mentioned only half of my name. So, my full name is Prema Taranga (meaning - Waves of Love) This name a was soley my father's suggestion as he always wanted to put something different. As indicated in my name Iam basically from a very beautiful coastal city in AndhraPradesh, VISAKHAPATNAM. All my schooling and graduation was done there.I was a fun loving , freaky kind of a person. So naturally we used to hangout in the beach almost everyday. I had learnt clasical music right from my childhood, won many prizes in competitions I attended and was also awarded scholarship from Centre for Cultural Resources And Training, from the ministry of HRD at the Centre.

Marriage has landed me up in Hyderabad where Iam presently put up. As I told earlier, the whole identity gets camouflaged due to various reasons ..... in my caseOne of the main reasons is that my father in law was terminally ill.For 4 years after my marriage, I have not seen anything except for hospitals.There was an end to his sufferring four years back. I am proud to say that I have taken care of my Father in law as I would have taken care of my baby.As a matter of fact, he has lost his present memory and went back to his childhood. May be that is reason why Iam not blessed with children even after eight years of marriage. During this time to keep myself diverted from hospital stress and all that I had developed an interest in cooking. I really love cooking..... always try to make something new and obviously experiment on my dear husband who is all encouraging and all supportive. I have my mother in law also living with us as my husband is the only child. To keep myself busy, Iam working in a private firm as a Secretary. That keeps me busy through out the day but once in a while I get time to browse the net and interact with somany nice people and make friends.

Iam really happy that I could dig out WHO AM I !!!

ALL THANKS TO THE INDUS LADIES TEAM

Regards,
    Prema

3. juhi_sri

juhi_sri Junior IL'ite

• Where you were born and raised; your mother tongue Ranchi, In very part of india, Hindi
    • Your life so far - so far so good
    • Your education, current job and location - MBA, looking, USA
    • Your hobbies and interests reading, painting, craft making
    • Information about your family - parents, siblings, husband, in-laws, children etc.
    • Your likes and dislikes.
    • Your dreams and ambitions
    • Your thoughts about the Indusladies community. nice
    juhi

4. swku_2000

swku_2000 New IL'ite

thats me!!

Hello all,

I am Swati and I am a post-graduate in designing from NIFT,Delhi. I was working in India for 2+ years in export house dealing in garments and home furnishings. Working was fun for me, though it used to get tiring at times..

I am a very sensitive person. I dont have many friends bcoz of my shy nature. When I am commited I can do anything for the person.

I am fond of colours, designs and other form of art work.

I like painting, sketching, cooking.. anything creative. I am a spiritual person and believe that whatever happens, happen for good!!

Life has been a roller-coaster ride for me, and now after my marriage I am in USA on the most happening H4 visa in which u cant work.

I am open to all kind of friendship.. as I love being with friends..

Will u be my friend? If yes private message me.

Cheers,

Swati.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2005
  5. rvnachar

rvnachar Silver IL'ite

Sudha Narasimhachar

I am a 49 year old Indian homemaker. I served a nationalished Bank for 23 years, during which period, I realised my flair for writing. I used to participate in the various literary contests that the Bank held annually and win prizes, besides contributing articles to the Bank's house magazine. Though I was basically a commerce graduate and earned a very good name in the Bank both for my work and my other talents like organising and compering cultural events, social service activities and other extra curricular activities, my passion was to become a writer. To pursue this passion better as also to spend more time with my family, I quit the Bank under the Voluntary Retirement Scheme in 1999. My dream of getting a middle published came true soon thereafter, which was a great incentive for me to write more seriously. Since then I have been contributing middles, feature articles, short stories, poems, profiles, interviews and letters to newspapers, mainly Deccan Herald. I joined a voluntary organisation of Bangalore based writers Kathalok founded by Sri Joseph Kaval, which helped me meet many interesting personalities in the literary field. Kathalok published 2 anthologies of short stories in which my stories appeared and I won the first prize in their annual short story contest once. A few of my stories got translated into Kannada, Sanskrit and Urdu through friends at Kathalok. Many of my poems got published in various anthologies and I won a prize for one of my Haikus on Poetry.com. Mr. Kaval encouraged me to improve my writing skills by giving me opportunities to organise creative writing camps for children, judging children's entries and compering Kathalok's various events. He was the main catalyst in making me an author by his encouraging words. Pustak Mahal, Delhi published a collection of my short stories for children 'The Red Monster and other tales' in 2004.

Today, though I am happy of my small achievements, I feel sad that I have made a very late beginning and have a very long way to go. I love reading, music and spending time with family and true friends. My present family responsibilities give me very little time for pursuing my passions, though my husband Mr.R.V.Narasimhachar, an Engineer, my 23 year old daughter Varsha and 18 year old son Varun are all very supportive to my literary quest. My mother is a great inspiration in my life. She is very young at heart and very positive minded. She is proud of any small success that I get and that's what keeps me going.

Many of the members of Indusladies.com are my good friends and well-wishers and I was introduced to this site by them. This is an exellent site, which encouraages amateur writers like me. Participating in contests has always been thrilling for me and awakens the child in me! This site has ample opportunities for me. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2005
  6. nanda

nanda New IL'ite

Kisna

HI everyone,

I am Nanda Pillai, 31 years old, married to Ajit who's my best friend and blessed with a daughter Nidhi who's one year old.I am a commerce graduate and working with a government department here in gandhinagar,Gujarat.
    Life is too hectic with my home, office and my sweatheart Nidhi but still I manage to surf the net at office and visit wonderfull sites like this one.
    I am very poor at cooking but still I don't lose heart and try any new receipe which I find and waste many things.
    I am a very simple, down to earth person,always smiling and enjoying life with my family.

7. milee

milee New IL'ite

Hi

I am Mamatha 25 years old married. I am basically from Bangalore,India. Currently living in US with my husband.My mother toungue is Kannada. I have done my bachelors in Instrumentation engineering. Currently not working. Now I am a typical home maker.

I spend most of my time surfing the net, watching movies and listening to music. I also read magzines and news papers over the internet. I like to read literature an d novels.

I love to travel and see new places.So everyweekend we go out to see new places.

Hope to keep in touch with all of you with this forum.

8. Angeli

Angeli New IL'ite

Who am I?

Hi all,
    I am Angeli, 29 years old from Mauritius. I majored in Statistics from the University of Delhi, the root of my huge admiration for INDIA and I am right now working as in a market research company. I spend much time in office and often work till late at home. In my spare time, I try to read, to watch TV/Movies and keep the house tidy!
    I am, unfortunately, not so good in cooking and yet I hope,someday, I will become a woman of substance :) with the help of indusladies members and team.
    I am also married to an ambitious guy who also spent much time working!

I am very happy to be a member of this large family and always enjoy browsing on the site.
    Luv to you all
    Angeli

9. manaswini

manaswini New IL'ite

Hi, Intro

Hi All,
    Iam Manaswini, born and brought up in a small town called Bhadravathi in Karnataka
    Happily married and have a son who is 13 months
    Am living in US since last 5 years and love to try out new dishes
    By nature am very talkitive and love making new friends
    Am new to this site and will get a hang of using this site very soon
    love
    -Manaswini

10. vatsi

vatsi Bronze IL'ite

Who Am I ??

Hello Friends,
    New to this board and want to introduce myself. Iam vatsala. Born and brought up in a town Kandhla in U.P . Got married 3 yrs back and came to Bangalore . Right now i am in Seattle. I am a mother of 9 mths bold lovely daughter named Ishani.
    I like making friends and maintaining my terms. I love cooking and trying new receipies. I love crafting too. I hate lieing.
    I am a home maker but want to work from home. Now a days i pass my time in taking care of my daughter and my family.
    Thats all about me.
    Wnat to be your friend Love and Luck to all

Vatsi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.