KG1 CBSE Admission 2015-2016 in Shj & Dubai

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Sharjah' started by veena84, Aug 20, 2014.

1. RamyaSridhar1978

RamyaSridhar1978 Gold IL'ite

Hi
    Yes the above rankings are only for Dubai and sharjah schools one gets an idea by word of mouth .Apart from DPS our own is also very very good with a very reasonable fees unfortunately last year we had a very limited choice with our own and gems not opening up for outsiders.
    Ryan I heard is good just that there is too much of worksheets ..
    GD geonka is relatively new and the steep fees is due to food also being provided there which is kind of compulsory .. in bw they had stopped due to some case of food poisioning but resumed again now .. They provide breakfast and buffet lunch and a snack .. I am told that their menu is given a week before to the parents .
    Sharjah indian school and Leaders are not so good I had one parent coming over from LPS to DPS and complaining about the facilities there , toilets being dirty etc the child had to repeat kg1 but she didn't mind.They are the schools which again has very less fees .
    FYI all schools are co-ed only till 4 th grade .From 5 th the girls are separated from boys in all the schools and our own has a separate school only for that purpose.
    hope this helps
    ramya

2 people like this.
  2. TwinkleRose

TwinkleRose Bronze IL'ite

Hi to all my friends...
    Me too called to Gems millenium,they informed it may start from nov 25th...
    In case of Leaders the admission is open till Nov 12th...after that they will start to call for interactive session...
    Sterday we hav gone to Ryan star international and was having a school tour..Actually the playground for kg1 is too small...better to say nothing is there..
    but swimming pool and skating area is gud..And also the teachers are too friendly...
    Came to know Dps result will be published on last week of Nov...

1 person likes this.
  3. TwinkleRose

TwinkleRose Bronze IL'ite

Hi Ramya,
    Thanks for your information....really it gives an idea abt those schools...

4. Priyakeerthi

Priyakeerthi Senior IL'ite

Hi all

Apologies for not posting the feedback yesterday as the day went crazy till I put her to bed by 7pm...It was one of a crazy day with my daughter..Wow, read all feedback on DPS interview on Nov 1st. All the best to all parents...

Yeap...Its finally done with DPS. We managed to reach there 15mts earlier for 8am slot and immediately upon name verification we were asked to send the kid to one room... My girl felt the new arena with new faces of teachers and lots of other kids crying etc..., she refused to go with the teacher. After we did some magic exercises for a while with her and created the excitement for her to go and then with another teacher conversations help she had gone for 2 mts. By the time, we were called in HM room wherein again 2 mts conversation about my husband job details and Y choose DPS...Over !! After its done, I checked with my daughter about what she was asked to do etc.... she said that the teacher asked her animal name and she replied. so chances are very remote based on their selection criteria :)

We also had Ryan Intl school interactive session yesterday...I went to that school for first time and it was OK. During our school tour teachers were good. But with the primary wing the space is going to be my concern as they have 12 classes with 20 kids each class. Play area infrastructure is hardly nothing for primary wing. Yes they are saying that extra circular activities like swimming, skating, dance, arts are being taught to kids additionally with extra care. As mentioned a non-refundable fee to be paid within one week upon results announcement to book well in advance as they know many parents prefer DPS keep this as backup school. Lots to think !!

Hopefully after Our Own and Gems millennium sharjah school sessions only will be able to get a fair idea on CBSE schools status.

1 person likes this.
  5. nisha27

nisha27 Bronze IL'ite

Yeah Ramya..raking is only for dubai but sharjah school are comes under same management(Just a branch)i think education syllabus,activities may be same..

well..Thanks for the feedback's f leaders school.Do you have any idea about the new fee structure in dps and gems millennium.I missed online registration in that school I'll try directly if possible.

Thanks,

6. RamyaSridhar1978

Priyakeerthi sometimes we never expect and things turn out to be .. you never know don't lose hope.Yes Ryan last year too had a non refundable funda but Last yr I know of many people who managed to get back their fees after confirmation from DPS.. But probably this year they may adhere to it !!!.. btw I forgot to mention RYAn school has menu fixed for all .Like eg Tuesdays you have to send sandwitches etc.. Ao all kids get sandwitches prepared from home in their tiffin box...
    So each day you have to prepare the menu fixed by them ( I know its kinda odd but!!!)..
    all the best

1 person likes this.
  7. RamyaSridhar1978

@ nisha next academic yr dunno it will increase but now currently I am paying nearly 1600 -1800 including bus for my kids per mnth

8. jaya1976

jaya1976 Bronze IL'ite

We just got back after our DPS interview!! The traffic was bad and we reached in the nick of time! 5 minutes before the scheduled time was over! Anyway, we reached and gave our name and within 5 minutes, they called my child to the room. I had been telling her for the last two days that she will be called into the room and she shouldnt cry etc. Anyway, it went very well. The teacher called my kid and she went in with the teacher without any issues. After 5 min, we were called into head mistresses room and there were two teachers there. They asked us questions like what I do, what does husband do etc. It only lasted 2 minutes and not sure what the purpose really was. Its like...they have to do an interview...so they are doing it. The only possible way for them to shortlist I think...but who knows what the criteria is! They asked my daughter which playschool she goes to and she answered correctly. Thats it. Interview over. I later asked my daughter what they asked in the room...and she said that the teacher asked her the colour orange. Anyway, thats it. Keeping fingers crossed and hoping for the best!

2 people like this.
  9. Meena86

Meena86 New IL'ite

Thank you zairai

10. ashapaul

ashapaul Senior IL'ite

Hi all

after dps interview all r silent. ????

Asha

1 person likes this.