March 2015 Due Date Club! plz join..

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by chandrikap, Jul 17, 2014.

1. ssrt3128

ssrt3128 Junior IL'ite

Hi all,
    Today i had my anomaly scan. I am18 weeks and my baby is 17 week 2 days. As this very early for this scan so doctor and the radiologist both asked me to do repeat of the same scan in between 22 - 24 weeks as detailed anomaly scan. So far both said every thing is normal. They checked cervical length, foetal weight which is 6oz , four chamber of heart. stomach, diaphragm, thorax, choroid plexus, face,spine and all other circumference. I personally asked the scan expert about any cleft lips and she is said nothing is seen at present and the baby is perfectly fine but she dint mention the same in her observations. I wanted to know do they mention in specific about the cleft lip present or absent?
    Is any one aware of the term premaxillary Triangle as in one of the foetal image this word is written. Is this kind of word is used in anyone else scan? when i checked in google it says its a clue to find cleft lips. But my technician told clearly cleft is not visible in my scan. I also asked my doctor she said its just the facial part which we call like that. I am confused please help.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
  2. g3ke

g3ke New IL'ite

Hey ssrt3128
    dont worry abt anything the if the doctor has
    told it's nothing to worry abt then it means
    nothing is wrong don't gooogle too much abt it and
    worry more

3. manjusingh

manjusingh Junior IL'ite

Best wishes for your scan today Indhu. :)

Will wait for your updates !!

4. manjusingh

manjusingh Junior IL'ite

Sorry will not be of much help ssrt3128. I think only doctors would be able to explain the term.

Guess 18 weeks was little early for the Anomaly scan. Ideal time is around 20-22 weeks. Did your gynecologist recommend to have early scan? Also is this your first scan or you had Dating scan, NT Scan as well?

Please have patience and trust in God. Hope everything would be fine :)

5. Deepguru

Deepguru New IL'ite

Hi ssrt3128,
    congrats on ur pregnancy,
    premaxillary triangle s a normal anatomical finding present in the face of the foetus,so its mention shouldn worry u much,if anythin s wrong am sure ur doc would mention it you,
    avoid stress and stay happy.
    thank u

6. Deepguru

Deepguru New IL'ite

Hello evryone..
    how s the second trimester treatin u all,
    am jus as normal as possible sometimes i wish i show some signs or symptoms,
    no baby bump or baby movemnts yet..
    am jus waiting for my little one to get into some action,
    anomaly scan due 2nd wk of nov,
    Has anyone tried prenatal yoga classes yet.

7. SmilingGirl02

SmilingGirl02 Senior IL'ite

Hi everyone,

Happy to hear from you.Hope every one is doing well.
    I am in second trimester.My 12 weeks scan was good.Baby growth is good.
    But mine first trimester was full nausea and omitting and it is same in second one too.
    But every day morning and evening it is worst for me.
    And my lower stomach hurt very badly.It gives me sleepless night.Doctor said it is because of dehydration. Omitting giving me this dehydration.

Need suggestion from you all.

8. krithika16

krithika16 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Smilinggirl,

I was in same situation till couple of weeks, Even water wont stay in my stomach (ppl say try and eat . i know how difficult it is) ...but after 20 weeks i feel better got back my energy .

Did doctor gave any medicine to control nausea and vomitting? if so continue that and as soon u eat some thing get some sleep it helped me a lot .

Apart from that try to be strong i knew how tough but try you will feel better soon.

9. IndhuRamesh

IndhuRamesh Platinum IL'ite

Hi Everyone..

I had my Anatomy scan yesterday and everything was normal.. :2thumbsup:

Procedure was almost similar to what others have said.. And they also recorded a video of 3 mins in a CD.. Elder family members were happy to see the baby kick and gulp and chew its mouth in the video, as they had not the opportunity of ultrasounds in their time. :)

Anyway all izzz well.. Very happy that it also turned out well. Expecting happy news from others too soon.

10. SmilingGirl02

SmilingGirl02 Senior IL'ite

thanks Krithika16 for reply.Happy to hear that you I are feeling better now.Hope I feel better soon too.
    Doctor gave me 2 nausea medicine but i cannot take it
    First one making me so sleepy.I am working.One time i was sleeping in meeting gigglingsmiley so stopped it.
    Second one giving me constipation. No motion for 6 days.I stopped taking that too.