1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How do i tell my husband to change his first marriage anniversary plan?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Iamagoodgirl, Oct 28, 2014.

1. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

And watch mil demand the same for her and sil....on the anniversary....:rotfl:rotfl

just joking......
    why not both??

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
  2. persecutedDIL

persecutedDIL Gold IL'ite

Remind your hubby marriage anniversaries are for re-living the night of conjugal bliss. What is the role of in-laws and others that night, ask him does he expect his parents to strew flowers and buds on you like when all gods and goddesses showered flowers when kaamdev and rati made love .....eeks. Others have no place in marriage anniversary - why can't husbands get it ?

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
  3. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Sister Iamagoodgirl,

Wishing you a great First anniversary and many more occasions to celebrate, May Baba bless you couple with abundance. Sairam.

If I were you, would take ILs and family for a Dinner much earlier (prior weekend) on pretext of celebration with all of them and that the makes family sentiment celebration get over and now the couple can enjoy their day at peace at Dinner or a weekend out of home, you see people cant tag along for every other place we go, when an year old anniversary couple enjoy their day.

May be extra expense but otherwise peaceful and memorable life time event.

3 people like this.
  4. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

Plan on two celebrations one with only the two of you and the other with all the baratis. Choose whatever date works for either. It is the celebration that matters not the exact day. So if you have to go a week earlier or later, it should be ok. Cost of living in a joint family.

5. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Waisay....did you ask him why the change in plan?

6. HasteRaho

HasteRaho Platinum IL'ite

:yes:

This certainly sends a solid message. If family's to come, then invite everyone!

The others have already given really good suggestions.

Had I been in your shoes, I'd strongly consider doing a separate one with family (brunch or lunch) but most certainly keep some special romantic events just for the two of you.

Frankly, the idea of celebrating a romantic anniversary getaway with family is really, really weird. That's kind of like "I deserve to crash your honeymoon because my husband never took me to a honeymoon after our wedding." Never mind the fact that this SIL probably wouldn't return the sentiment, let alone, consider it for you and her brother in the same way.

If three a crowd in a honeymoon then it surely is for a romantic anniversary getaway. Don't need an audience.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
    3 people like this.
  7. 1Sandhya

1Sandhya Platinum IL'ite

Agree to his plan and let them come.. Then after couple of days *you* privately plan something and take him with you. So basically 2 celebrations. Be mysterious about it. IF he asks why again, reply the other night celebration was just like any other family celebration. Laga hi nahin ki marriage anniv celebrate kar rahe hain! Tell him you didnt have a chance to really talk to him and tell him so many things. That you want to celebrate this milestone which is special and meaningful to only the two of you in a special and private way.

Happy Anni!!

8. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Good question. :) An answer evades me. Memory is hazy of those times when I (or DH) cared much what I wore (or didn't). Now is the time to help DD and her American friends tie/wear the saree so that it won't fall off. :)

OP, sorry for this little side party about saree and negligee.

2 people like this.
  9. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

Rihana, don't you think both are needed. One during day and one during night.:bonk

3 people like this.
  10. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Sandhya, I likey the strategy, but one fear - give an inch, and people take a mile. Would this set a precedent for all future celebrations - anniversaries, birthdays, Valentine's Day and all? Give in on first anniversary, and they take all?

No no no. Don't say laga hi nahin marriage anniv. and no chance to really talk. Then, husband's mood will fall with setting sun. Instead, just look at him with so much longing, and devotion, and try lust if you can. Words should not be needed as you lead him out for this second/actual celebrations.

And do remember to upload only second celebration's pictures on FB. :)

4 people like this.