1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Men seeking earning wives are shame for those men who need wives only not money.

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Romantic2014, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

I know two couples where the wife is intelligent and got into good US schools for masters, both had love marriage yet their husband's being egoistic (like wife should do traditional homemaker) didn't allow their wife to work at all. Eventually, the wives lost confidence in themselves and are treated as doormat.

In any case, it should be a decision of the couple as to both work or either one work. The important point is to ensure that the expenses should only be such that it can be covered by one income. This way there is a freedom to choose to work or not by either spouse and also the family is protected if one of them looses the job.

We both work and have made sure that we can survive anytime on one income. The other income goes in a account that does not have a check book or debit card.

1 person likes this.
  2. nandita24

nandita24 Gold IL'ite

Every decision, so long it is agreed (and not coerced) upon by the parties involved, should be welcomed without question. There is no question of good or bad . It is all about suiting one's conveniences. This rule applies and extends even to a community at large or in general the ubiquitous society.

If anyone prefers to disagree, s/he must be free to find his/her own way and find fulfillment; and this too must be welcomed by everyone. Let us remember that all these customs and traditions (including the idea of marriage) is man-made and hence can be reformulated.

2 people like this.
  3. lilypad

lilypad Silver IL'ite

Ummmmm .. Okay ... So this is going to blow your mind.....!!
    A LOT of women actually want to work regardless of their marital status ! <ka-boom>

1 person likes this.
  4. Romantic2014

Romantic2014 Bronze IL'ite

Let me first clarify, what I am saying, is without any reference to anyone's particular case . It is a subjective matter and in no case , it be considered application in any specific case.

Saying that, I feel, a self respecting working wife , cannot write anything else. than what you have written. What exactly did you mean by saying "Gone is the world where all that mattered was WHAT MAN WANTS....now its what the COUPLE Wants...
    You are talking about action , and I am have spoken about a thinking of an individual. In this case, I am referring to a man's thinking. When he enjoys a recurring dowry in the form of wife's income, he is not supposed to show any ego logically.

Whether a wife would work or not is her freedom , after taking into consideration all pros and cons.

Men who thinks men allowing wives to work are greedy needs to grow up ....coz every where there is a black sheep among white sheeps...so not all men expects working wife for need of money...
    I think, such a line was not pertinent. In my thread already spoke about those men who don't eye their spouses' income. I also cannot understand, who according to you is a black-sheep and who are white sheep.

and my DH does help me a lot with house hold chores and now a days many men helps their wives in household chores so hats off to all those men and women who works hand in hand rather than leading eachother.

That's so nice of him to do and so nice of you to admit. But, take it from millions, millions millions of husbands do that to their non-working wives simply out of their sense of responsibilities.

5. Romantic2014

Kindly answer my question that I have posted. I spoke about greedy men. You spoke about desire of women. Surely a woman will work. But a manful man will never seek wife's monetary contribution for maintining the family. If he wants working wife, he is seeking dowry. RECURRING DOWRY ON PERIODICALLY. Thanks.

6. Romantic2014

In a sense I laud the husband's ego, but not the act of converting her into a doormat. In my opinion, wife's income is a recurring dowry. A man who knocks back dowry, should be congratulated. But, that does not mean, she will have to lose all her normal freedom and dignity. Manly ego should not be an alternate way of forcing suservience. Thanks.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
  7. CrayoNess

CrayoNess Platinum IL'ite

Part of being an adult is also to take care of that you earn money to cover your and your familys expenses and this apply equally to women.

8. Romantic2014

If you hate dowry seeking men, there is no logic why seeking "working wives" should be treated differently. Many fathers of brides very willingly offer and give dowries to the Groom's family. Many women also like to work and contribute to husband's coffer. The family is known for the husband, but wife is working outside to maintain it. A big inconsistency.

9. Romantic2014

Really a good one.

10. Romantic2014

And even if it is a necessity, which world are we living that if a man would like his wife to help him or if a wife would like to contribute to her family's financial well-being, it is considered such a bad thing?

It is the world , where dowry is denounced. Mind you, the dowry also goes to the welfare account of the newly wed family, provided the things are not snatched in the in-laws family.