1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Do you think your dh loves/cares about you as much as your parents/siblings do?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by desichica, Oct 23, 2014.

Do you think your dh loves/cares about you as much as your parents/siblings do?

Poll closed Nov 6, 2014.
  1. Yes, I have no doubt

20 vote(s)
    55.6%
  2. I am not sure

5 vote(s)
    13.9%
  3. no one else would ever love/ care for me like my family (parents/siblings) would. Not even dh

11 vote(s)
    30.6%
  1. desichica

desichica Silver IL'ite

good to know. Thanks for the input ladies.

Good explanation crayoness.

2. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

Completely different relationship so not possible to compare one vs the other but I know my husband loves me more and anyone else in this world with my exception of our child :)

1 person likes this.
  3. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

It has to go deeper than those three (like you had mentioned correctly about going deeper) for things to sustain. Those (combined) form a pillar, there are other pillars required to sustain the love and relshp over a lifetime.

2 people like this.
  4. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My parents and siblings would worry if anything bad happened to me. They would try to help me. They will rejoice with me if anything good happens.

For all the in-between little sweet and sad things of life, there is only DH.

1 person likes this.
  5. Alildream

Alildream Gold IL'ite

Weird question!! How can you determine how much you are loved? People have different ways of showing it but how do you measure it?

6. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Strange... I can not compare both the love and rate here. I am sorry.

My mom loves me the most, my siblings too loves me a lot. But they have their own priorities in life, such as their family career etc..etc...

But my husband and kids are of my family. They too love me the most. Their first priority is me (so is my first priority is them). So, definitely the love, the understanding, the time spending, and everything should be definitely higher between spouses than others.

3 people like this.
  7. desichica

desichica Silver IL'ite

Just trying to analyze relationships.

8. poovai

poovai Platinum IL'ite

I can see that in other way...

Moved away from parents/siblings physically and then, emotionally long time ago. The only person who loves me unconditionally is DH.

alaipayuthey - in Maniratham's movie, very touching climax, an IAS officer took the blame for his wife's hit and run accident. It sounds cliche, but the way he was protecting his wife was heart breaking! For some reason, your question reminds me that scene!

Last edited: Oct 25, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  9. persecutedDIL

persecutedDIL Gold IL'ite

Sounds quite logical.
    Sounds quite logical too!

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  10. desichica

desichica Silver IL'ite

good points ladies..

The reason why i asked this question originally is that lot of women (not trying to generalize.. I know there are lot of exceptions ) leave their parents' homes and settle close to in-laws (while some live with in-laws like me). Once I moved in with dh and in-laws, there were few instances where MIL have said things that hurt me. My dh was present in the room (he heard the whole thing), and he could have argued with his mother (since i kept silent by MIL's harsh words). But ... he didn't. If I made the same harsh comments to his mom, I am wrong. He wouldnt talk to me for days. Bottom line is I can never be right. But.. the point is my parents/sister would def not be quiet by anyone making hurtful comments( if i wasn't at fault). That really made me question.. Why do we have to leave our parents to live our everyday lives in an environment like this? Why is society created this way?

These were my original thoughts. (I am married for 2 and half years now) My MIL said something bad last weekend, and after i left the room, my dh argued with his mom for being rude. (which i overheard since i was in other room) My new take is the bond between spouses takes a long time to build. I shouldn't have walked in to marriage thinking what i expected off my dh. Just my two cents

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
    1 person likes this.