1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My MIL Very Unhygienic ..... Need Help!

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by soni1987, Oct 27, 2014.

1. soni1987

soni1987 Bronze IL'ite

Dear Friends,

As you all know my MIL has come to visit me for 2 months.. now 1 month finished:2thumbsup:

My problem is ... no actually her problem is she is not at all hygienic..In India she is having Indian model toilet but here we have western which she don't know to use. (as she says), so for this reason she does toilet in the floor of the bathroom, which i can adjust but main problem is she don't put water after she finish...I am working so each time when she finish i cant check the bathroom n put water.. (After all its not my job)..

N for your information she is only 60 n much healthy to aleast put some water n clean the place before she come out of it. I told my husband and he advised MIL and showed her how to use and put water as a small baby. For which she directly refuse that she do anything like that and she uses commod for it.. not the floor. Never agree her mistake. ( I am like.. then what is that yellow colour on the floor in my mind):rant

From last 2 weeks poor my DH is cleaning bathroom when he comes back home .. as he reaches early from work.. My full house is smell of toilet and I am so embarrassed when anyone visit our house. If we start explaining to her the about it she will start lecturing as you are not able to understand old persons when u will be same age u will understand...etc..

What is most disturbing is my son who is 2.5 yrs often goes to bathroom with barefoot and steps those dirty things.. I am scared if he will get some infection.

My MIL hygiene :
    • Takes bath only 4 times a week. (reason not feeling well)
    • Doesnt wear undergarments..
    • Wear same clothes may be sometimes for 3 days continues
    • Always scraching head and then comes to kitchen to help me.:shaking:

Please help .......:drowning

2. Iamagoodgirl

Iamagoodgirl Platinum IL'ite

I am afraid, you can't change old person a lot.can you construct Indian toilet at home?
    2 in 1 commods models are available in india now a days.Not sure if available in india though.

3. oysterzzz

oysterzzz Gold IL'ite

oh my god. ewwwww. she is super unhygienic. Keep your kid far from her. Is it the only toilet? just pray that another month gets finished soon.

1 person likes this.
  4. soni1987

soni1987 Bronze IL'ite

Yes oysterzz..only 1 toilet.. I am praying that too..:bowdown

5. soni1987

soni1987 Bronze IL'ite

Iamgoodgirl. we are out of india and staying in rent.. so no way to build one new toilet or so...

6. Smitham84

Smitham84 Gold IL'ite

hmm .. may b why don't u try some potty kind of thing? buy some basin or something ... and let her go in that a..

1 person likes this.
  7. tulip2012

tulip2012 Silver IL'ite

OMG Soni!! what she will go in flight and all if she needs to pooo..
    tell her to practice using the closet!!
    Appreciate your patience on this!!
    too much!! and I can feel how embarassing the situation is!
    and poor kid too...

1 person likes this.
  8. soni1987

soni1987 Bronze IL'ite

Dear Ladies.. I think you misunderstood she is pooing in the commod but toilet means susu she is doing in bathroom...but sometimes she forgets to flush out her poo too in the commod.. thats a different case.

9. soni1987

soni1987 Bronze IL'ite

Once we went to mall for showing her around.. after a long time shopping we went to public toilet in mall..There also she did susu on the floor not in the commod.
    After she came out the cleaner came and started shouting at her. I quickly brought her out.. didnt know where to hide my face.:eek:mg:

1 person likes this.
  10. resmij

resmij Silver IL'ite

Omg!!!

This is a serious problem!!!

Ask your husband to talk to her. you don't directly get involved in talk.

this is no way good. God, I hope another month goes fast for you., feeling bad for you , and child esp.

mall incident - God!!!

regards
    resmij

1 person likes this.