1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

My Journey to Lose weight and heal my skin through the Autoimmune Protocol

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by PinkRubies, Oct 16, 2014.

1. PinkRubies

PinkRubies Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

WEIGHT LOSS UPDATE:

28.09.2014 88.8 kg
    19.09.2014 81.8 kg

total weight loss in 3 weeks = 7 kg

1 person likes this.
  2. pinky6

pinky6 Platinum IL'ite

Hi a small suggestion. ..why can't you adopt a vegetarian diet? Too much of non veg is bad for health....

3. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Ruby,
    Welcome back! Good luck on healing your gut. I know lots of parents doing simIlar diets with their Special needs kids and seeing great results. I for one am not going there because DS is a picky picky eater and the protocol is casein free. I don't wang to cut out his dairy since that's pretty much staple for him.
    Once you identify your trigger food you will be so much happier! Good Luck!

4. PinkRubies

Hi Pinky, this is an elimination diet , its only for a small time to help me heal my gut and figure out my tirggers. So i have to follow the rules strictly. The funny thing is, It was when i was vegetarian my psoriasis flared up for the first time. Eating meat helps my skin, while i was vegetarian my skin was at its worst. That being said I do eat alot of vegetables more now im on this diet than i ever did before.

Hi Laks,

I am so excited that someone here understands this. Yeah this is extremely restrictive, i don't know how kids are managing it. But u know the thing is im on my 4th week and i see no difference, other than weight loss. My psoriasis is still progressing. At least i tried, I will start reintroduction from next week, but how would i find a trigger if my symptoms have showed no difference through the elimination phase?

1 person likes this.
  5. 1Sandhya

1Sandhya Platinum IL'ite

what are you doing? AIP is not a joke. Do one thing at a time. Finish the protocol and then add in the exercise slowly once your diet has stabilized. Till then do some mild exercise like walking. you are too ambitious. It is not good to change so many things at the same time. Be careful.

Try this blog: phoenixhelix.com It has very good recipes.

6. PinkRubies

Hi Sandhya,
    I decided to exercise after alot of research, spin and body pump is what i am used to doing for months now. It was only in week 3 i reintroduced exercise again. I am okay with the exercise, I will only go if i have the energy levels to go.
    Thanks for your tips :)

1 person likes this.
  7. 1Sandhya

1Sandhya Platinum IL'ite

Let your gut heal and wait till your energy levels come back, that's all I'm saying. It is common to feel tired at odd times and experience weird energy dips etc till the body adjusts to the new diet. In the link I posted, try her chicken soup and beef bone broth recipes. Both are very good. A pain to collect all the ingredients and prepare but totally worth it. If you eat this daily for few months I am sure you will see a big difference.

8. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Ruby,
    A couple of pointers from the PANDAS moms. Is everything you are eating organic? They were telling me that it makes a difference. Another thing is with these kids, they haven't restricted grains that they are genetically prone to eating. For eg; South indians have eaten rice and Ragi etc for generations. Our genes are programmed to break those down better and not react. So my Mallu friend is doing complete coconut oil cooking and using only our regular Matta rice. She says she sees a big difference in behaviour. She also uses cow ghee(home made). She stopped EVOO and avocado oils for the little guy. And of course all sources of casein soy and corn and gluten.
    Another Q, are you taking any multivitamins? She is using some organic one for the kid.
    Have you looked at other possible sources of psoriasis? I had it on my head and changing shampoos, oils etc didn't help. Then I started using pure coconut oil and shikakai. That's when it went away. That and reducing stress. Have you give up soaps, moisturisers etc and tried? I've heard great things about that powdered dals that people use for the skin along with coconut oil as moisturiser. I hope you find your tigger food or environmental.

9. PinkRubies

Sandhya: thanks for the link, I am planning to buy a low cooker to make the bone broth, I have been drinking bone broth sporatically, i guess i need to make it a daily thing. Yes my energy levels have been haywire. I start reintroductions this Sunday, so hopefully I will be back to a some what stable diet.

Laks: WOW, thank you so much for the tips!! Yeah I totally believe that restricting grains does not make sense as we have been eating it for generations. I am going to re-introduce grains back quite early for this reason.
    I just received my vitamins that i ordered a month a go today, so will start taking them straight away.
    I use very natural products on my face at the moment, but have been using a psoriais speacial shampoo on my head . i will try the coconut, shikakai combo and let you know how it goes.
    Yeah hopefully i can figure it out soon.

10. PinkRubies

DAY 24 - 21.10.2014

Sorry cannot remember exactly what i ate that day.

DAY 25 22.10.2014

b. banana
    l. seafood mix with salad
    d. seafood mix + lamb chops (2) with salad

facemask: yes
    w: 2.25L
    ex: nil

DAY 26 23.10.2014

b. chicken liver + heart +brocolli
    l: lamb chops (2) + salad
    d: seafood mix + salad

w:1L