1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What should I do?

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by scorpio77, Oct 17, 2014.

1. scorpio77

scorpio77 New IL'ite

Thanks for your kind words, joyoflife.

2. maya69

maya69 Gold IL'ite

Hi OP,

The next time your brother calls you..be normal to him. dont try to lecture and tell things from your parents point of view. It will only make him distance himself from you. Just think in your mind that you want the best for your brother and if he feels its with his wife then let it be. Let him figure out his relationship with his parents.

You on the other hand be the son and daughter for your parents and take it one day at a time. dont talk about what, how and what could have been. nothing is going to change your brother until he is ready. You only know this side of the story, who knows what the other side felt.

2 people like this.
  3. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

I can easily relate it with my brother and co-sis.My brother too had brought in so many problems- physical abuse and such now he behaves like he is a stranger to my parents. But still in the darkest of time, my parents wanted my brother to stay united and happy with his wife and that's how he is now.

OP, even if the spouse is bad/wrong if one really love his parents/siblings nothing can keep them apart. Sometimes just accepting the other person is selfish/or he has his own basket of problems will help you get over this phase. Please take extra efforts to take care of your parents.