Indians in Adelaide Australia

Discussion in 'Indians in Australia & NZ' started by vanitha335, Aug 3, 2012.

1. Nsey

Nsey New IL'ite

Hi all,my husband will be applying for visa soon..we plan to come to adalaide on pr,but as Many sites say-the place has high unemployment,this is putting us in dilemma weather to apply or not as he will have to come there n look for job.any idea about the current job opportunity will be helpful..thanks in advance

2. lazydesi

lazydesi Senior IL'ite

please care to provide more information regarding the field he is currently working and no of years experience he got e.t.c.

3. imfairy

imfairy Senior IL'ite

hey ladies,

any south indians staying in or around Mount way area,

we are new to perth and my husband's office is at CBD, we are searching for some shared acomodation near to CBD.

please reply

4. komalarora08

komalarora08 New IL'ite

Hello Everyone,

Hope all of you are doing good.
    Its been very long I logged in today. Was occupied in initial settlement and with a small baby was not getting enough time.
    Thank you Sharon for your advice, many things worked for us. My sister in law arranged a shared accommodation through a common friend and then in 3 weeks we arranged to rent a flat in Mawson Lakes. Loving this place especially my 1 yr old kid enjoys the walk around the lake.
    Job for my hubby is still a worry but he has joined a part-time job for the time being.

everyone in group - pls plan and meet up sometime.

Komal

1 person likes this.
  5. Falcon

Falcon New IL'ite

Hello all
    I am a new member yo this site. I have also applied for OZ PR and my state nomination falls under south Australia. I am a teacher and hoping to relocate with family as I m the primary applicant. Want to know about Adelaide and prospects for new emigrants. I m from Chennai too.
    At present I m working in a school. But confused about making decision to relocate immediately or not.
    Please advise.

6. armuth83

armuth83 New IL'ite

@ Falcon - Adelaide is an excellent place to live. But the job market is a difficult one to crack, especially for new migrants. However, as you are a teacher I think it should not be too difficult.

The initial phase of the immigration process will always be a difficult one, so the sooner you get through it the better.

All the best.

7. Falcon

Falcon New IL'ite

Hello all u ladies
    First of all i d like to thank all u ladies for taking the initiative to share ur experience with the group especially shareon, Abida...... Oops couldn't remember other names. And special thanks to armuth...

My name is Shaheen and basically from Chennai but put up at Kuwait for the past 10 years. I teach English as a foreign language to Arabs in Kuwait.
    I have 3 kids and my eldest son is in grade 10 now. I m expecting my pr to be done by the end of this year. Is it preferable to relocate to Adelaide at this crucial time as my son would be in grade 11 then. Or to wait for him to complete his 12th then we move.
    Please advise, any suggestions would be highly
    appreciated.
    May God bless u all for all ur efforts.
    Shaheen

Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
  8. mevirus

mevirus New IL'ite

Do you intend to work in Australia as a teacher? You would need to have a formal teaching degree from Australia or an overseas teaching degree that is recognised by Dept of Education. Without either of these, you will not be eligible for a teaching position.

9. armuth83

armuth83 New IL'ite

Hi Shaheen,

The academic year in Australia runs from late Feb to November, so, I would have thought that the only two possibilities would be for him to repeat one semester of Grade 11, or skip one semester of Grade 11 (and move directly - in Feb/Mar 2016 - to Grade 12). I do not profess to know the ins and outs of the academic transition, but if he is coming from the CBSE curriculum, going to Grade 12 (in Australia) would be, I would have thought, a very real possibility.

The other possibility is, may be repeating one semester is not necessarily a bad thing. The ATAR score that you get at the end of Grade 12 (in Australia) is very important when it comes to University. Maximising this score, especially to get into courses such as Medicine, in my opinion, should be the name of the game.

10. abs2911

abs2911 Bronze IL'ite

Hi All
    Whats going on, howz everyone.Its been 6months since we landed here in Adelaide.
    I live in Mawson Lakes now, where do you all live?
    Someone suggested we should meet, I am all up for it. lets do it.Would be nice to put some faces on names :)