Food intake during First Trimester

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by riyagan, Jul 1, 2012.

1. akanksha999

akanksha999 Silver IL'ite

Riya, not sure about what cracker brand is available in India, but just check any large store or supermarket...it should be written on the cover as "cracker" not "biscuit" or cookie etc. There are some crackers which are sold as water crackers, these are good because they are light and crisp. Maybe some other ILs can help out in what brand cracker is available in India.

2. drmsg

drmsg New IL'ite

Coffee is fine in pregnancy in moderation. Eat what sounds good, your body is smart. Frequent snacks and lots of fluids will help you feel better.

Here is a great source of information on what to eat and what not to eat when pregnant:

Food and Pregnancy

1 person likes this.
  3. riyagan

riyagan Gold IL'ite

thank you so much pandusk... yes am having marie gold too.. i managed to find a wheat cracker (britannia nutri choice) in the store near by. good thing is i like it...am having all kind of available fruits also as i hav no prob consuming them... and a pre natal tap containing essential nutrients as doc prescribed..

thanks again for the kind post Pandu

4. riyagan

riyagan Gold IL'ite

thanks akansha, i found a wheat cracker from britannia in the nearby store and i let my husband look for more brands when he goes to super market this weekend... i was thinking about u when i saw "no cholestral" "no added sugar, flavor,food color" on the wrapper... this is what i wanted. i wont go for biscuits anymore.. thanks for directing me to pick the right thing akansha.

5. lochu

lochu Gold IL'ite

hi riyagan

Congrats on your pregnancy .Its perfectly ok to sleep whenever you want to .But don't skip meals.I too use to feel so tired and have skipped dinner but I use to have severe nausea and vomitting and so empty stomach makes them worst .have your dinner at 7 and and sleep at 8 .for morning its better to start with a healthy meal .if you like oats you can have oatmeal which is healthy .otherwise try to get that manna health mix and thats filling too.What I sue to do is Whaever I make for dinner I use to make extar dosais or idlies or upmas and keep them ready in the morning and the first thing in the morning is I will microwave it and eat it .They are much healthier and keeps you full during first trimester .

Lucky that you don't have morning sickness .Soon your energy levels will improve as your approach 2 nd trimestert around 13 weeks

1 person likes this.
  6. riyagan

riyagan Gold IL'ite

drmsg, thanks for the link :coffee :)

7. riyagan

riyagan Gold IL'ite

Thanks for the wishes lochu...yesterday i slept at evening 6and woke up at 7 jst to hav some dinner. getting sleepy at odd times indeed:bonk

thanks for the wonderful ideas lochu...i really appreciate it...i take oat meal occasionally... and used to hav manna mix in the morning times for bf. i like the idea of making extra idlis/chappatis for dinner and reheat and take in the morning... i can shuffle and play these items i guess...:thumbsup

8. aditibose78

aditibose78 Silver IL'ite

Hey!

You should definitely read through this feature.

Pregnancy Diet: Eat Healthy during Pregnancy

It has got a whole list of foods and beverages that are good during this time for us mommies. I, for one, most definitely liked this detailed article. It will help me chalk out my diet plan better.

Also if you have gestational diabetes or high blood pressure - it tells you what to eat then.