1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Let's share about our 4 month old's..

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Rainbo, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Chitravivek

Chitravivek Platinum IL'ite

Divya: I think we have two different things in mind when we talk on one stick. The ones I buy from Costco are real big sticks not like the ones you get in normal grocery store. Also Ghee is strictly Kids food and not for me and DH.. So it lasts :)

2. uma321

uma321 Platinum IL'ite

How much water should the infants over 6 months drink? When would we start introducing textures?

3. harinideep

harinideep Gold IL'ite

hi gals ,
    i logged in after a very long time.. my baby completed 6 months day before yesterday .she was formula fed from the beginning.. since last one month i am giving cerelac rice and javvarisi kanji . I am going to give apple today.
    baby does not open mouth for eating .. she tightly closes her mouth . i make her sit in rocker chair and i sit on sofa .. then i make very weird sounds or even dance and make her laugh.. she opens her mouth wide open for laughing .. then i keep the cerelac or kanji .. he spits little and eats rest .. she makes faces as if she does not like food .. if someone sees me giving food , they will think i am a mad person :) . i somehow make her laugh and making her to eat..
    plz tell me how u ppl manage to give food .. if u have any ideas , tell me
    divya , glad to c u . hw s ur baby

2 people like this.
  4. Divyavignesh

Divyavignesh Gold IL'ite

Harini nice to see you after loong time :)

Chitra When do we introduce curd ?

1 person likes this.
  5. uma321

uma321 Platinum IL'ite

Chitra,

I have the same question. When should we introduce yogurt? Also, what brand are you using? Or you make homemade yogurt?

6. Divyavignesh

Divyavignesh Gold IL'ite

Uma i heard its good to give homemade yoghurt , i am planning to give only homemade , but not sure when.

My sil gave her son store bought organic yoghurt and he developed allergy immediately dunno why, might not be the same with all the kids, just an info.

1 person likes this.
  7. Chitravivek

Divya and Uma: I would say anywhere from 8 months.. With DD I did late at 10 months.. With DS I started last week.. Disaster.. Will try morukozhumbu tomorrow..

Uma: I used to make homw made Yogurt with DD until she was 18 months.. Then switched to normal store bought. Now with DS no time or energy so direct store bought. I make sure my yogurt is full fat and not sour. I make sure Yogurt is in room temp too.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
  8. Chitravivek

Divya: Do you get homemade culture to start your home made Yogurt?

9. Divyavignesh

Divyavignesh Gold IL'ite

chitra i am very particular about yoghurt, picky you can say. Once i tried to make at home from store bought, it was so bad like mucous.
    Then borrowed culture from my cousin who is living in states for 20 yrs n maintaining it.
    Now i get best curd.
    God knows what will happen when i go on vacation to India.

10. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Divya,

It's happening in our case. After my mom left I didn't make curd at home. Once my MIL came we tried to make yogurt at home with store bought yogurt and it's like mucous :(

Im planning to get home made yogurt from someone here and try it ... I miss home curd now as it's coming like mucous