1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The negative effects of modern technology

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by PushpavalliSrinivasan, Oct 6, 2014.

1. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Balaji,
    Thank you for posting your first fb.
    Women used kal Ural when they were home makers. Grinders, mixipes and washing machines were real help when they started working. But later on even non-working women also had these gadgets, but they had become show pieces when they started buying ready made masala powders and idly dosa batters.
    childrens' obesity is largely due to this habit of watching TV and playing with game consoles. Becoming slaves to technology should be avoided.
    PS

2. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Suman,
    Thanks for dropping in and sharing your anguish on the scenario you have witnessed in a restaurant.
    Wherever we go we witness only people using these modern gadgets. When I go for a long journey I love to read books or watch the scenery.
    When parents themselves are addicted to these gadgets how can they discipline the children?
    PS

3. kishoreg

kishoreg Gold IL'ite

It wholly depends on one's perception, every good thing is associated with something bad, one has to distinguish things and utilize in the proper direction, and most of the manufacturers these days using reusable material and composites for recycling and the world is betting heavy on green globe...

4. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear GG,
    once things which were considered as luxuries later on became necessities. . In the same way using these gadgets has become an obsession for people. Things which were invented to make life easy have become injurious to physical and mental health.
    PS

1 person likes this.
  5. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Sabitha,
    It is really very difficult for the parents of the present generation to discipline the children as they have very high IQ and at the same time highly self conscious.
    They are exposed to lot of good and bad things due to the technological advance.

We didn't even have a TV when our children were studying though we could afford to buy one. But the situation is quite different now. If parents themselves are addicted to these gadgets it is difficult for them to control children.

Present day parents really having a tough time and greater responsibility.

PS

6. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear periyamma,
    As you have said anything in excess quantity is not good.
    I wish that all parents follow your son's schedule. Even we adults also should try to have a schedule and try to free ourselves from the onslaught of these modern gadgets and allot time for enjoying nature and pursue other hobbies.
    PS

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Pushpa Mami

YOu are 100% right. I think olden people were happy without using modern gadgets and now after having them we cant do without them. I can remember how we used to live when we had no fridge, now one day fridge is under repair we cant dowithout it. When we were in Hyderabad we never had a fan and we used to live without that, might be the weather there was good. Many people used to put wetthatti(I dont remember now what it was called) which used to be like AC. When my children were studying we did not have TV and phone. Now cant do without mobile.

My husband likes to lead a simple life and he does not like luxurious life. Even when the electricity goes he does not bother and heis fast asleep. We dont have a dining table and he likes to sit down and eat whereas due to hip bone fracture I cant sit down and sit in the chair and have in a plate and he only serves me as I cant bend down. Every it is buffet for me.

A thought provoking post well narrated

1 person likes this.
  8. sumanrathi

sumanrathi IL Hall of Fame

During this past EID holidays we went to a Place called Hill Park at Hatta iin UAE, the outside temperature will be around 37 deg. in that Hill they made hut made out of Palm tree leaves when we enter into the Hut we can realize the nature cool.

I felt as a parent we have to change a lot then only we can guide our kids in a right path.

I agree without modern technology our survival is bit difficult now a days, but we should have some limits to use this.

We can use Fridge but we have to use this to protect the food stuffs not to store the food stuffs. we can keep the milk to protect but we should not cook for a whole week and store.

We need Cell phone we should use this only for communication not for conversation.

We can watch TV only when we some relaxation not the whole day or whole evening until the serials end.

we can allow kids to use cell phone not the smart phone with Internet facility.

If everything is within the limit our life will be happy and healthy.

1 person likes this.
  9. muzna

muzna Silver IL'ite

Dear PS
    Man has made/invented the gadgets and he will have to find a way to use and stay healthy too. This balance will have to be devised by us, onus lies on our generation as our kids are still not mature enough to balance out.

10. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear SW,
    Technological development has its advantages and disadvantages. After the invention of the modern kitchen gadgets life has become easy for home-makers. If they could use their spare time in some other useful work instead of watching TV serials it is well and good.

As you have said people who have realized the harmful effects are trying to minimize them. It is also the responsibility of the people to use the things only for the tasks for which they were made and also to have control.

PS