1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Help needed reg the use of electric oven

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by lakshmi ganesh, Oct 6, 2014.

1. lakshmi ganesh

lakshmi ganesh Junior IL'ite

hi friends,

My DH had got me a Mr.Plus electric oven as a surprise gift(mistaken it for microwave).It has convection and rotisserie.My manual doesnot have any details about the utensils and recipes.google also didnot help me.Friends pls help me by telling about the usage of electric oven,what type of utensils i have to use for it,if anyone has it,pls post the pics as well.if u can suggest me any website for the details regarding electric oven i will be very thankful for u.We r vegeterians,so pls share some veg recipes with me that can be done in this oven.My dd's are waiting for the cake baked by me in our oven.
    Thanks in advance.

2. 2babymom

2babymom Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    I dont know about the brand you mentioned, but here in US we have electric oven in every household. So I will tell you what we use in our electric oven which I think will apply for you as well. As for the utensils, you can use heavy stainless steel cookware( without any plastic handles), aluminium sheet pans, glass baking dishes( pyrex, snapware) made for use in the oven, corningware, heavy cast iron cookware and silicone bakewares. You can google this for detailed info.
    As for the recipes, we are also vegetarian and we make veggie pizza, baked pasta, cakes, cookies, paneer tikka, oven roasted vegetables( especially broccoli), eggplant for baingan barta, etc..
    Hope you will more info from others.. Have fun and congrats for your new oven.. Enjoy

1 person likes this.
  3. radv

radv Gold IL'ite

You can bake beet roots, capsicums, potato in jacket, stuffed veggies, paneer - options are endless. Make veg biryani and you can put it for dum in any aluminum container. Cookies and nankhataee can be baked on the tray which must have come with this oven.
    Happybaking.

1 person likes this.
  4. radv

radv Gold IL'ite

View attachment 213319 For making veg cake - you can go for Pilsbury cake mix - it is tobe made in pressure cooker. My daughter made this using two Pkts of this mix.

2 people like this.
  5. RemyaSatya

RemyaSatya Bronze IL'ite

google for eggless cake receipes, mariasmenu has few good receipes, which i have tried successfully..., even we bought a mini electric oven - a 9 lr one, with which i am pretty much happy now... we r also vegetarians made pizza - with readymade bread, spinach lasgna, tandoori gopi, paneer/corn stuffed bun, kerala plum/rum cake- using no alcohol, used apple juice intead... etc...

for the vessels, i also didnt have a pan , so used aluminium foil to make cakes, now aftr trying with a pan i feel foil is easy, as cleaning part is saved...:cool2:

Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
  6. lakshmi ganesh

Thx 2babymom,ur info about the utensils has thrown a light on my dark path to use the oven.i get a doubt now like where to place the utensils,is it on the wire rack or tray?whether the temperature mentioned for making recipes on microwave will suit electric oven as well?

7. lakshmi ganesh

Thx radv,yummy cake made by your daughter, the toppings looks really good.my dds have ordered me to try this first.dum biryani is my dh favorite,will surely give it a try.regarding cookies should i use any sheet or can i directly place the cookie mix on the tray?my questions may be basic,but i am very new to the oven.so pls help me.

8. lakshmi ganesh

Thx Remyasatya,using aluminium foil is a great idea(that too cleaning part is saved).if using pan where will u place it in the oven?if u can post me some pics of the pan u use and the place u bought it(i am in sharjah),it will be helpful for me.

9. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

10. lakshmi ganesh

Thx tashidelek2002,will surely try in this link