1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How do you celebrate Karvachauth then?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Happy2be, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Happy2be

Happy2be Gold IL'ite

I'm sure there must be Indian women here who do not observe Karvachauth fast. Then how do you make it a special day...What do you do on Karvachauth?

Because of medical issues I could not observe the fast for 3 years..last year I kept the fast but mil asked me to have water in between whenever I needed to. Yes, it was not at all easy and I felt very low for next few days...only making hubby angry. He believes in humanity not idol worship or fasting. He is a lovely human. MIL also is religious but not fussy about fasts, its upto me. They dont want me to fast, ever.

I am feeling everyone around me will have that special feeling...what can I do to make the day special...what do you ladies do who do not observe this fast?

1 person likes this.

2. Radhai

Radhai Platinum IL'ite

bend the rules. observe the ritual sans fasting.

3 people like this.
  3. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

We don't have karwachauwth.My mom and mil didn't keep it.....I don't know any of my cousins who keep.

4. dsmenon

dsmenon Gold IL'ite

We don't observe Karwachauth. I have seen in movies and shows..

May be you can keep fast but eat fruits, juice and drink water and then do the pooja in the evening..

5. Weasly

Weasly Gold IL'ite

People from east keep savitri fast! Same concept as karwachaut but allowed to eat fruits milk curd and all! No grains of any kind!

1 person likes this.
  6. Happy2be

Happy2be Gold IL'ite

These things are really new for me..so many similar rituals in our religions and customs...in navratra fast here, we do not eat grain. But yes that could be a nice option for me:) thanks ladies.

7. pear

pear Gold IL'ite

You can just have a banana with milk when you fast.

1 person likes this.
  8. cutemonster

cutemonster Platinum IL'ite

What is karvachauth ? Besides the religious ritual it has kind of become as indian marriage celebration day :)you are offering your thanks to god for a nice spouse and wishing for a long and healthy life for him , in my religion its not mandatory to fast but many women enjoy the day by buying new dress , makeup stuff and eating that yummy fast food, umm that Fenia, Mathis and all :) you can get up early eat that yummy breakfast with hubby and family. In the evening you can dress up nicely and can also visit temple and offer quick thanks to god with your husband for giving him a loving wife ;) Go for a long drive, sit under the stars for sometime and have a lovely meal together, enjoy each others company , what else!! . Happy karvachauth :)

9. Happy2be

Happy2be Gold IL'ite

Thats just so sweet :)