1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Question on cleansing

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by Neets8, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Neets8

Neets8 Junior IL'ite

I have seen a lot of cleansing products one in a face wash form and one as a normal cleanser. If you use a face wash cleasner is that the same thing as using a normal cleanser?

Also how many times should you scrub your face? Is scrubbing your face also known as exfoilating or is that something different?

2. SamriddhiD

SamriddhiD New IL'ite

Hi Neets8,

A face wash is a cleanser, so in that way they are basically the same product. The only difference is that sometimes a cleanser can be available in forms like milk/creme or gel based cleanser which do not give the lather effect as a face wash.

You can use either a face wash or a cleanser, just ensure it is according to your skin type.

Scrubbing the face is a form of exfoliation and shouldn't be done more than twice (or at max thrice) a week, and definitely not on consecutive days.

I hope that answers your doubts.

Best Regards,
    Samriddhi

3. sandra413

sandra413 New IL'ite

Cleanser and face wash are the same thing but they are available depending on the different skin type.To choose a cleanser, one need to figure out skin’s needs and consider the products which can give the best results.Exfoliate once or twice a week because exfoliating more than necessary can actually harm your skin making it rough, dry and patchy.

4. angelina22

angelina22 Junior IL'ite

I thing you are confused about cleanser and face wash but they both are same only even if you use scrubber it would be having the cleansing formula in it.