1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

13, raccoll street- 1

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by cherrybud, Sep 21, 2014.

1. cherrybud

cherrybud Silver IL'ite

Hi,

This is my new story.... Please read and pour iN your thoughts.

Thanks.

It is a busy Sunday afternoon in the city. Bharat was riding his motorcycle and Amrita was sitting at the back seat hugging him tightly. The hot air of the dry September month tried to sweep away her silky hair.

Bharat is in his late twenties with a medium complexion. His 175 cm height matched absolutely matched with his features. He was not a man of workouts and muscles but he fits perfectly within the healthy generation limit. He is working as a senior reporter in a renowned channel. He is a committed young man both to his job and his girl Amrita whom he knows from the past two years. She is his junior and they got engaged very recently.

The day is an off day for both of them which they rarely get. As decided already they started from home an hour before to visit a common friend of them who resides at about three hours travel distance.

“Bharat, I feel very thirsty… Can you please stop at some shop and get me a Pepsi?” Amrita asked.

“Wait Ammu…. The road is blocked with traffic…. Once we pass the traffic, I will get a bottle of Pepsi… But it is not safe for you to drink those bottled drinks…” Bharat said with a serious voice.

“Ok… Ok… just get me fresh fruit juice…” Amrita smiled.

The bike cleared the block and came out with a relief and started to move on.

“See, there is a fruit stall….”Amrita pointed.

“Well, this side of the road is shady. I am going to park the bike here…. You stay here… I will go get the juice for you….” Bharat parked the bike and Amrita got down from the bike.

“Bharat…. Pineapple juice for me….” She screamed in a low voice as he started to cross the road. Bharat smiled and nodded. He reached the small fruits stall and looked for the shop keeper. He was not there.

He waited there and a lean man probably in his mid fifties came there in a hurry. He went into the small shop.

“Sorry sir, I was having my lunch…. What is that you need sir?” He asked politely.

“I need two mugs of fresh fruit juice…” Bharat said smilingly.

“Ayyo sir… There is no power in the shop right now…. Its load shedding time here…. If you can wait for ten minutes the electricity will come and I can prepare fresh juice for you” The shop-keeper looked at him with hope, because he didn’t want to miss his customer.

Bharat thought for a second and nodded his head positive. He took a newspaper and started to graze through it.

Meanwhile near the bike….

Amrita was waiting for him. She understood that it would take Bharat few minutes to return. But she didn’t want to go to him in that hot sun. The place she stood was shady and she decided to stay back. She placed herself conveniently by leaning against the bike.

The road is full of people and vehicles. She was watching them with the curiosity of a child. She always liked to observe people. Moreover being a reporter it is important for her to observe people. She looked around her. There were two or three bikes already parked and a young man with a rough look came to the bike with a helmet in his hand.

“He is going to leave now…. But he is looking so rough…..” Amrita thought randomly.

He got on the bike and got down again as if forgetting something. He walked two or three steps and came in front of Amrita. Now Amrita could see him clearly. He looked strong and sturdy with a black complexion. He was wearing black full sleeve shirt and a black denim pant. This added kind of crude look to his whole feature. He had a thick silver bracelet around his left wrist. He looked her face deeply like trying to pierce her.

She didn’t like the look of his and turned away her face. But he moved a little closer to her. “Are you waiting for someone?” Amrita turned hearing a rough voice.

“……..” she then turned away without answering. She felt a little irritated.

“I am asking you” He repeated. She didn’t feel it good now. She turned her head slightly and looked at the opposite where Bharat was standing. He was deeply indulged in newspaper turning his back to her. She did feel a little scared but at the same time relieved herself thinking it is a public road and there was lot of people going. She also could see three cops coming towards her way. She decided to deal him in case he is a rogue. She turned her face angrily to him but startled to see another man standing near to her. He was holding something in his hand and before she could decide what to do he tried to bring that thing closer to her face.

Amrita felt her heart pounding so fast that she thought it would stop anytime. She couldn’t utter a word. Her throat was dry. Her hand was held tight by one person and she was prohibited from struggling. They handled her smartly so that no one could feel any doubt in a glance.

The thing one man held in her hand smelled weird. She could feel that it was a chemical and he was trying to make her breath it. She felt she would faint soon fear ground her stomach. As felt an instinct, it was when Bharat turned to see Amrita. At first he felt nothing strange. But his sight blocked in the two strangers who were standing beside her.

The reporter’s curiosity hit his brain. He felt something is not right. He crossed the road and ran to Amrita.

“Ammu…. “ He shouted.

The strangers didn’t expect such interference at that time. This made them a little slow for a second. Amrita used that short span and pushed the stranger who had that chemical in his hand. By the time Bharat also reached there and the strangers decided to leave the scene. The one who came second relieved her hand and walked away with long steps and within seconds vanished into thin air. The other one jumped on his bike, put on his helmet and drove off midst the dense traffic.

“Ammu…. What happened? Who are they?” enquired Bharat.

But Amrita couldn’t answer him. She looked at the red mark caused by the strong hold of the strangers and still looked shocked to the core and stood as is she was not aware of her surrounding….

(To be continued….)
    :coffee

Last edited: Sep 21, 2014
    3 people like this.

2. pinky6

pinky6 Platinum IL'ite

Nice story cherrybud. ...

1 person likes this.
  3. cherrybud

cherrybud Silver IL'ite

Thank you Pinky :)

Love,
    S.

4. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Cherrybud

Welcome to stories section.
    That was excellent write up and very good narration.....
    Hope to read the next part of the story.:)

1 person likes this.
  5. cherrybud

cherrybud Silver IL'ite

Hey Aruna,

Thank you. :)

Will try to post as quick as possible.

Love,
    S.