1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Let's share about our 4 month old's..

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Rainbo, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Rainbo

Rainbo Silver IL'ite

Did any of u had 6 month check up for ur babies??

2. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Hi,

My baby is 5 months old and he likes to sit most of the time with support. On his bath tub, he always sit and takes bath .. Even when I make him lie down he would wake up and sit so funny :)

he he is doing very good with semi solids and I'm going to start solids in few weeks .. Just cerelac with BM at 5.5 months .. Purées at 6 months ..

1 person likes this.
  3. shrutimanjunath

shrutimanjunath Platinum IL'ite

Rainbo. What u mean by sitting with support ? How long can I help him sit in it 10 mins it what?
    He likes to sit but he dint do it all by himself yet. If he gets our hands support, he will sit from sleeping position by pulling himself.

One one more thing. In ur travel to India how many 2 oz bottles you had carried? Should it be in sealable plastic? Should they be of 2 oz only or can it be of 4 or 8 oz.

now ow it's winter in India and I'm worried if he catches cold n fever. What precautions do I need to take. ?

4. shrutimanjunath

Ladies. I'm planning to start with nan formula once I reach india within 15 days.

Should I ask my doctor for this or I can just start off?

Also anjana and April , have u started solids for your baby. ?

Is it homemade or gerber foods?

I find it difficult to get homemade baby food coz im travelling to many places and how do I manage baby food there?

Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
  5. Rainbo

Rainbo Silver IL'ite

shruti, u can support him by hand or keep some pillows..I use to put boppy around him and also u can buy any infant seat .
    initially u have to hold him in sitting positions then he will start supporting himself by his hands leaning forward..

Now about travelling, no need to keep 2oz bottles .take according to ur DS diet..mine was 3 month old that time also he doesn't like formula so avoid wastage I took small bottles..I also took 8 oz ones but most of them came back with me..

I think I took 16 similac 2 oz bottles..and around 10,8 oz
    its for going and returning and be used travel within India ..I mostly breastfed him..while returning back I dint used even a single bottle..
    and now ur DS also takes semi solids it will be much easier u can carry baby food pouches..

their is is no limit with baby food and formula in most airlines..but better check with urs ..and at security they just asked me to remove the packing ( boxes in which formula bottles come) that's it..I dint put them in plastic or anything and their is no rules that bottles has to be perticular size..

I will suggest u to call ur airlines first and clear all ur doubts with them ..I travelled with eithiad airways..

And about wether don't worry it's not that bad now and also ur DS is little strong now ..I travelled in very harsh summer that too to few places were conditions were very very bad..no electricity and all ..winter is much better than summer so don't worry just keep him warm..fully cover him ,and don't go out in evenings etc all basic precautions..

1 person likes this.
  6. machan

machan Platinum IL'ite

Hi '
    my son is 4 month old.He is exclusively on BM only.He weights 5kg during his last vaccine.I hope he will reach 6kg in his next vaccine.I have tried to give him Nan pro ,but he did int drink it:thumbsdown..what should I do ?How can I make him to drink formula?Any ideas ladies.........

7. shrutimanjunath

Hi rainbo my son got his 6 month check. He's doing good apart from sitting. Doctor told its fine and we need to give him more tummy time.

He weight 16.8 lbs and height in 79%.
    Rainbo do u work here? April did u join back work

1 person likes this.
  8. Rainbo

Rainbo Silver IL'ite

Shruti..no I m not working here..
    what's ur DS height now..
    my DS got his vaccines and also flu shots..as it's already flu season ..

9. shrutimanjunath

I think 28 inches.

Again i in I only remember the 79-80 percentile what doc told

10. uma321

uma321 Platinum IL'ite

Mommies of 6-7 months old: how many times you're feeding solids to your LO. Mine eats only in the evening and if we try to feed him any other times, he gags.

Looks like I need to ramp up fast and start feeding him 3 times a day.

Thanks Chitra for the suggestions today. I bought rice cereal and fed him some this evening. I'm going to work from home in the next couple of days and help around to feed him 3 times a day.

1 person likes this.