1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Philadelphia Ladies - Introduce yourselves here!

Discussion in 'Indians in Philadelphia' started by Induslady, Oct 29, 2006.

1. anuanand

anuanand New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

My name is Anu(sha) I go by Anu mostly.. After months and months of contemplating (if forums are the best places to socialize) and un-justifiable laziness.. I decided to join IL to meet and mingle with other ladies in Philadelphia, Jersey area.

I am a recent import to US of A. Originally from Chennai (T.Nagar area) grew up in Dubai and lived in Bahrain for a while before meeting my husband through Mostly arranged marriage… We got married Twice in America - A civil ceremony for green card reason in Sept and finally an authentic tam-bram wedding in June to seal the deal… It's AN experience alright! Ask me about it!

After a long boring winter staying at home and pulling my hair out, I finally found a job in Center City Philly… Haven't managed to make friends at all… Hopefully thorough this forum I may be able to meet some of you kinds souls and make friends…

I speak Tamil.. though i do speak hindi - it mostly funny when it comes out…

Used to loving reading ( Own Loast of books - but somehow marriage and reading docent fit well!) Used to dance pretty good ( haven't done it since i landed up here) I love cooking and that's something which has pretty much stayed on!

Indus Ladies: Everytime i Google something I don't know about ( indian things) I land up on one of the forum links and its interesting, other than that I don't know much. But i think it's an open friendly community I think…

So Hello Ladies…

1 person likes this.
  2. sandhyaranimote

sandhyaranimote Senior IL'ite

Hi to all,

I got project in Collegeville,PA. We'll be moving to Collegeville in Sept last week. I have 14 months old daughter. Could anyone please suggest me regarding
    1) good places/areas to rent the apartment near indian community.
    2) Daycare for my daughter.

3. GokilaHardik

GokilaHardik Junior IL'ite

Hi ladies...
    i live in Langhorne area. Any indian ladies from that area?

4. sweetomm

sweetomm New IL'ite

hi ladies.....

Can anyone please help me regarding apartments in king of prussia and Audubon area ?

5. Rlv

Rlv New IL'ite

Hello all

We are moving from Texas to Phili
    My hubby office at Arch Street any suggestions about Indian communities and good neighborhood around Blue Bell with easy Septa commute

6. sobi234

sobi234 New IL'ite

Hi all

Iam living in Philadelphia for past7 months in h4 visa planning to do MS in computer science in Fall 2018 can any one can suggest university which bit required GRE scores and take less tution fee
    Will I eligible for in state allowances for tuition fee

Thanks in advance