1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dasavatharam- A Review

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Bhooma, Jun 12, 2008.

1. Bhooma

Bhooma Bronze IL'ite

oh oh meenu why didnt i think of you ? I could have taken a couple of more people with me but rain god played spoil sport that day..

on a serious note..if u really need tickets .. let me know.. i will try and use my influence with mr ravi

cheers

Bhooma

2. Meenaneelakantan

Meenaneelakantan Bronze IL'ite

Dear Bhooma aunty

Thanks for the say! I am almost sure of going tomorrow.

Let me use my influence with you for Marmayogi, the next movie of Mr.Kamal. :)

Love
    Meena

3. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

Hi all

Yesterday we went for the movie "Dasavatharam"(but should accept that I was so scared as I need to sit for 3 hrs. continuously - Thank God I was able to :) )....I liked it very much :) OMG ! Awesome make-ups.
    After a long time I had the chance to see First day First show of Kamalhasan movie....

But I have one concern - He should have more concentrated on the graphics....

Hey - But I didn't see Asin as Bush's wife ? ! I dont know whether the theatre had cut that scene?

Booma - Did you see Asin as Bush's wife in the film ?

Last edited: Jun 13, 2008
  4. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

hi all,

Generally i dont read any reviews before watching that movie. Since opinion differs; the film might be awesome for someone and horrible for another; so i never read the reviews or take a glimpse of the trailers shown in TV's. Even in this thread i just read the title and straight away came to the last page to add my response.Very eager to watch Dasavatharam waiting for a long time. Itz not that i am good fan of kamal still i like his efforts. have booked tickets for Sat eve show. Will sure join this thread once again.

5. Shilpa77

Shilpa77 Senior IL'ite

Guess IL is getting better than CNN in flashing news!!!!..

I'm going today, with no expectations - will be back tomorrow with my views.

For those in NJ, the movie is running in movie city , edison and one in east windsor near the route 130 shop-rite .

-S

6. umaraj23

umaraj23 Senior IL'ite

Just watched Dasavatharam. You can watch it once.
    Not much of the hype and expectation created. Few characters were not neccessary (Muslim Guy, Japanese Guy, Old Lady..) Does not look like a KS Ravikumar movie, not much jokes or funny. Asin was not used properly. She sounds irritating at times.

Go and watch it once for Kamal!

7. paddhu

paddhu New IL'ite

Hi
    I watched Dasavatharam yesterday I can't say it was one of his best. It could have been much much better. Though technically it is a superb movie the story and sequences could have been much more compact. The make up was too good and of all the roles the Naidu role stood apart and to a certain extent krishnaveni patti also. But overdose of kamal only created confusion and there was no touch of KS Ravi kumar. It was kamal kamal.... here there and everywhere
    waiting for a better movie from him
    as umaraj said you can watch it for kamal only

8. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Hello IL'ites,

Just came back from watching the movie "Dasavathaaram".

We, as a family, enjoyed the movie thoroughly ! It was worth the 1.5hr long drive.

In addition to portraying 10 characters ingeniously, Kamal has given a thought provoking message on using our brain for the betterment of mankind.

I don't want to delve deeper and reveal too much information, but I must share with you that the movie is thrilling,fast paced, humorous, technologically brilliant and above all..one more jewel on Kamal's crown ! :)

For my money, I would not hesitate to watch again !

Cheers
    Krithika

9. swarnalata.N.S.

swarnalata.N.S. Platinum IL'ite

Hullo !
    Saw THE movie !
    My Biggest Applause is for the special effects department, the makeup man, the Editor and to the amazing talent of Thotta Tharani.Bow

I thought the movie was bit long, sometimes a little dragging. Too much of chasing. Really horrible violent killings in close-up ( so horrible and ruthless way Fletcher kills chinese girl ).

First rank to the avataram of The Telugu Officer ! Kamal is just SUPER in it:bowdown .
    Second Rank ( very close to First) is for The Thirunelveli Activist. Wonderful

Next for Krishnaveni Paati. Even the broken "old woman" voice is so perfect.

My feeling is, Japanese guy and Tall Muslim man both were unnecessary. Just to make up number 10, they have added. The japanese face also looks artificial, like a mask.

The historical part looks so rich and magnificent. Napoleon as the king looks so majestic. Fine costume ! ( by Gowthami , it seems)

I agree with Umaraj, Asin character was irritating.

Dont look for story and all. Just see as a great time-pass cinema experience. Paisa Vasool !

10. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Hi all,

Watched the movie atlast. Great effort by the star. I will not say it as a class movie, it has some drawbacks, still a good movie. For sure we can watch once. No review for DA is complete without speaking about the make-ups and CG effects.No words to praise kamal for that. An actor's plus in my point of view are mainly the voice modulation, dialogue delivery and the expressions. For which kamal is the guru. He has not just stood with he make-ups, the voice modulation for every character was really great. So much of differentiation in the slang of the 10 characters. His eyes are that expressive. If he takes the baddie role, his eyes are that ferocious, if he takes the old lady role, the eyes are such sunken and lifeless but with all emotions, if he takes the role of a scientist his eyes are such vibrant, active etc etc. Too much of care has been taken in make-ups. Wonder if anyone other than kamal can try & succeed. hats off to kamal.Especially the make up and mannerism of Pres.Bush character, Oh my, simply superb.

Ofcourse he has dragged in the 2nd half. Seemed had an confusion in ending the story, but has managed to blend all characters inspite of few unwanted characters.The telugu officer character proves kamal's humour sense.

Kallai Mattum song was picturised well (By K.S.Ravikumar).Asin and mallika were utilised well. Then and there asin overplayed, still was a good characterisation.

Though not for the story, atleast for the efforts the film is worth watching once in theatre. I :bowdown for the efforts of Ulaganayagan.

Please dont rush up before the end title is shown. The last song was a treat for our eyes.